Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,789   Online: 719

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    That's the spirit....maybe you could do a bit of homebrewing while waiting for your prints to wash?
    Had a successful night in the darkroom, and did a few more tonight. Almost finished! However, I may have "homebrewed" a little too much. For the first time, I dropped a tray with a full liter of photo-flo on the carpeting. Oh well, this is the worst apartment I've ever lived in. It won't make the tiniest difference!

The prints came out perfectly fine though....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    24 Feb 2014

Just found two more cards on my desk ...

It took me a while to figure "which way was up" when viewing the card from SebastianKrauss. I really like how you captured the perfect mirror reflection. Very well done.
    The card from piu58 has a great story behind it. This exhibit hall looks like a neat place to photograph. Wish you many good photographs and memories.

Regards,
    Darwin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I've been late to comment, in the past weeks I received:

- "Brothers in arms" from Jimbop, very nice view of two lions (I'd LOVE to see such animal in the wild!)
    - A little California dreaming from Peter, I could see myself in such a place !
    - "Tree trunk" from Sebastian Krauss, very nice contact print from 4x5. I love the texture and details of 4x5, even if I finally "resigned" from it.

Thanks to you!
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by drpsilver View Post
    24 Feb 2014

Two items: (1) my postcards will be delivered to the Post Office tomorrow, (2) following are comments for cards I have received to-date.

I agree with previous comments on the card from rince. Good composition, wonderfully sharp, and tone. I like that the sepia toning is more brown than red. Very nicely done.
    The card from jimbop is also very nice. It is wonderfully sharp with good composition. I like how the lions are looking is different directions. Makes me wonder what they are thinking.
    The card from astroclimb is very interesting. I have read about Santurie de Chimayo, and it is always referred to as a "sacred site". Thanks for a very interesting image.
    There was an entire generation that thought a trailer in the dessert was "California Dreamin'". Thanks to Peter Schrager I get to experience that feeling again.
    I like the perspective of the photo from fretlessdavis. Looking at things in new and different ways is always good.

Look forward to more cards in the mailbox.

Regards,
    Darwin
    Which one did you get? I made the mistake of doing 10 different postcards, but forgot to write down who got what... No idea now how to interpret feedback.
    New-ish convert to film.
    Pentax MX for 35mm
    Bronica ETRS for 645

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sometimes I've forgotten who got what as well, so now I always make a list!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    My prints have been ready for two week, but I just now dropped them in the box

I love the pints so far. Especially the lions! Good work there.
    Paul Ward
    Calumet C-1 Green Monster
    Toyo 45CF
    Durst 184 Enlarger
    www.jpaulsenward.com

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Very impressed with mine as well so far!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Medium Format

it's official!

my tardiness... i'm "half printed" - had an unanticipated 2 weeks in the big apple, and didn't even get to take any pictures! will be hard at finishing printing this week/weekend and out by 3/10. please excuse my delay!

jvo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    02 Mar 2014

Several items:

1. The card I received from fretlessdavis is a photo of the hub and spokes of a wagon wheel in Flagstaff, AZ.

2. Postcards I have received over the past week.
    The card from ajmiller is very nicely composed and printed. I like the partial reflection - in connect the foreground and background of the photo.
    A photo of a special plant from TXFZ1. Must be cool to see it bloom for the first time in many years. Enjoy the specialness of this time.
    It is always nice to receive an "alternative process" print. The image that adelorenzo chose fits well with cyanotype. Great perspective on a large subject.

Thanks to all for a bunch of great images.

Regards,
    Darwin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I received a beautiful cyanotype, of the SS Klondike, but can't find who sent it... Anyway, the image is beautiful, and the fact that it's a cyano makes it even better!

Thanks!
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin