Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,285   Posts: 1,535,267   Online: 891

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    I received a beautiful cyanotype, of the SS Klondike, but can't find who sent it... Anyway, the image is beautiful, and the fact that it's a cyano makes it even better!

Thanks!
    My best guess is that it came from adelorenzo.

And I agree - it is beautiful.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks guys! Yup the SS Klondike cyanotypes are mine. Sounds like I forgot to put my name on there!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yesterday I received two great cards:
    - The cyanoytpie (SS Klondike, from canada). I am canoeist and made a trip from Whithehorse/Yukon to the Klondike some years ago. This image reminds me this great adventure.
    - Vyshmirsky wrote an very unusual interesting card mad on very thick cardbord. Great looking! Which company makes this?
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I received a few excellent cards. I will write a proper "thank you" post later.
    I particularly loved a photo of a monkey, and a cyanotype of SS Klondike, but I loved all the postcards - the beautiful picture of a shed toned to brown colours was excellent too. I will write more later.

Quote Originally Posted by piu58 View Post
    - Vyshmirsky wrote an very unusual interesting card mad on very thick cardbord. Great looking! Which company makes this?
    The whole thing was handmade. It is a proper optical print on Kodak Supra Endura paper, glued to mountboard and then cut to size. I managed to print 2 of those per 8x10 sheet and then cut down to size.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by vyshemirsky View Post
    I received a few excellent cards. I will write a proper "thank you" post later.
    I particularly loved a photo of a monkey, and a cyanotype of SS Klondike, but I loved all the postcards - the beautiful picture of a shed toned to brown colours was excellent too. I will write more later.

The whole thing was handmade. It is a proper optical print on Kodak Supra Endura paper, glued to mountboard and then cut to size. I managed to print 2 of those per 8x10 sheet and then cut down to size.
    I received your card too, and I really love ot. The presentation is very neat, and the image is lovely !
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My cards are in the mail. Sorry about the delay. I have received a lot of beautiful postcards so far. I will try to comment on them soon.

Eugene.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Rince, the photo of the old shack in Mecklenburg was fantastic--cutting-edge sharp and I really love the toning. It should look even better in an 8 by 10, or better yet, 11 x 14!

Uwe, it took me a while to figure out what the double exposure was. I finally figured it out when I saw the beer bottle on the ceiling. You didn't say how you did it--was it each half of the total exposure or did you have to expose extra? Nice job!

Sebastian--half frozen lake--same problem as I had with Uwe. When I pull a card out of the mail, it was upside down and took me a long time to figure out there was frozen grass in the foreground the lakes where I live are never that still.

Darwin-- Teasel-- wickedly sharp for what had to be in open-air. I especially like how the stocks stand out from the background. Very nice contrast without it being overdone.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yesterday I got a fine print: The print of a fuller's teasel form darwin. Thank you very much!
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Two received here yesterday, safe and well, in North Yorkshire UK.
    One from Paul Ward (ataim) - great landscape, beautiful light.
    The other from Darwin (drpsilver) - striking print 'Teasel' - superbly done.

Thanks to you both - they're on our wall now.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here's what I have received so far:

ajmiller - reflections in the field. You've got a great eye. I love the lines,
    silouette of the trees and the whole composition. The photo is just perfect!

Ataim - forest in colorado. The photo reminds me of Shiskin's "Morning in a Pine Forest" Just add the bears and you've got it

Just yesterday I've got a postcard by Mark Sauerwald of Mission San Juan Bauticita. Amazing clarity and a great composition. I'll try to visit it next time I am in California.

A photo of my next home by Peter Schrager. Enough said.

A boat house by Dennis Rince. Beautiful structure and texture. I love the detail on your print, it just pulls you in! By the way, great toning! Just perfect for this subject.

"Snake Plant Bloom" by TXFZ1. Beautiful plant and a great story!

The tree trunk by SebastianKrauss. A great puzzle photo. Tell me what do you see? I see a monster crawling out of water

piu58 "Trade hall #17" Great architectural shot! It's not easy getting perfect parallel lines in such a wide angle shot. The only thing that bothers me is the coffee cup in front. Don't know why, it's probably just me.

And two best cards of this exchange, and maybe even of all time are "Brothers in arms" by jimbop and "SS Klondike" by adelorenzo. These two are just amazing!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin