Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,202   Posts: 1,531,567   Online: 1088

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format

We could send letters

Quote Originally Posted by piu58 View Post
    Yesterday I received two great cards:
    - The cyanoytpie (SS Klondike, from canada). I am canoeist and made a trip from Whithehorse/Yukon to the Klondike some years ago. This image reminds me this great adventure.
    - Vyshmirsky wrote an very unusual interesting card mad on very thick cardbord. Great looking! Which company makes this?
    Me too-fantastic efforts
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Medium Format

progress

spent a wonderful day in the darkroom.... finished printing and toning... will mail out this week...

i used moersch copper toner for the 1st time - very interesting, but very precise! it doesn't do well with multiple cards intermittently overlapping each other in the tray and 10 seconds variation in time in the soup really does make a difference in tone!

they'll be on their way shortly...

next i'll finally spend some time with the cards i've rec'd and haven't had time to really look at! getting close to getting caught up!

jvo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    This week I received three cards:

- "Anger angel II" from David. The story is amazing, and I like the composition.
    - "Teasel" from drpsilver. I love the somewhat high contrast, as well as the textures. That's also a good demo tha a pretty old camera and a standard lens can do marvels (I still have my AE1P and still use it from time to time)
    - a view from Rocky Mountain National Park from Ataim I guess this is a contact from 4x5, or a very limited enlargement, but the amazing amount of details is great!

Yhanks!
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    - a view from Rocky Mountain National Park from Ataim I guess this is a contact from 4x5, or a very limited enlargement, but the amazing amount of details is great!

Yhanks!
    Laurent, it was a limited enlargement of the 4x5. Oh and the detail in a 20x24 is just amazing.

Thanks

Ataim
    Paul Ward
    Calumet C-1 Green Monster
    Toyo 45CF
    Durst 184 Enlarger
    www.jpaulsenward.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I've received some fantastic cards so far! Thanks to everybody. Unfortuantely I had to reprint a few cards as I messed up a few during mounting. Those will go out this week.

Love that exchange.

Best,
    Sebastian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I received the interesting card form Mark Sauerwald, which show a monks' settlement. Thank you!
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Received another two this morning.

from Eugene Anikin (anikin) - made me smile though a bit unsettling at the same time. Thank-you.
    from Mark Sauerwald - beautiful print with an interesting story, thank-you.

I do enjoy receiving these postcards and our postman's loving it!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I received anikin's photo which is full of happiness. Thank you vey much. I really enjoyed it.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Medium Format

all out...

put the last of my outgoing cards in the mail today... now to sit back and go through the ones i've received - oh boy! comments to come!

jvo

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    OK!! Got my stamps, figured out how to make labels in Windows 8 ... Uh oh .. where are the cards? Soon, people, soon.

Anakin--"the greatest happiness"--you're braver than me. Didn't one of those things in a golfer in Florida? Is
    Vyshemirsky--"Rainy Scotland"--very nice. I don't know how you guys do color when I can hardly do black and white.
    Varya--" Building An Interociter"-- I think I saw this series in the gallery. This one really made me laugh because I love the detail in your mouth/hearing protection. Is that your addition already come that way? Nice and sharp throughout.
    Jimbop-- "Brothers In Arms"--fantastic, the one on the right is staring directly at you and the eyes of tack sharp. This would be a heck of a portrait home so that the eyes were right at your eye level, nice and large.
    TXFZ1--"Angry Angel II"-- nice tones, great story all of detail in the ring is captured so the lighting was just right. Should I infer anything relative to the one star on the Angels Brown?
    Mark Sauerwald-- "Mission San Juan Bautisita"--beautiful. Your note said it was shot with a 210 mm lens, so I assume 4x5 or so, given that it's a sharp as can be from the front of the bell to the statue at the end of the walkway. Great job.
    Todd Haynes--"Shrine of Children's Shoes"--amazing find. I have to ask what is the story behind the shoes on the wall. I also like the detail in the stained-glass window. It looks like it's indoors looking out through the window, and I just about never get a picture like that without the light thru the window blowing out all highlights. Very nice.
    I wish that I knew what I know now when I was younger. ("Oohlala, by the Small Faces").

I plan to make up for it by the time I''m 84 ...

Bob Slaughter (megzdad81)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin