Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,693   Posts: 1,548,958   Online: 782

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    My cards made it out the day before yesterday - at last! Sorry for this late posting - don't quite know what happened. Just busy times I guess )

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mine went out yesterday - finally!

Comments on the excellent cards I have received will follow soon.

Thanks for your patience.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A few more cards made my way:

"Who cleaned the beach for Ansel" by Bob Slaughter. Just beautiful textures of water. That buoy looks like a crayon. It adds some wonderful point of interest to the photo.

"Building and Interocitor" by Varyav. Great macro with a lot of visual interest. One of those photos that you can spend a lot of time studying. Great idea and execution!

"Peace fountain" by JimO. Great composition! The copper toning adds a nice antique feel to the shot.

"Cascade, 4098" by Ryan. Looks like a fun place to exercise. I agree, it beats indoor gym any time! I like it how you managed to get great detail in both sky and the foreground.

"Snake Dance" by mjs. Superb sharpness and clarity! And of course, a very interesting subject. That reminds me, it's been ages since we've been to a pow wow. If I don't forget, we'll go this summer!

"Clouds, Germany 1993" by Jaime Torres / Patrick Olsen. Neat, almost abstract shot of golden clouds. And the presentation is what really makes this card work. Beautiful!

"Connecticut River Bridge" by Brian. We've got a very similar bridge here in Portland, so my first thought was - "is it from somebody from Oregon?" Great shot! By the way, I went to college in CT, so this photo immediately reminded me of my favorite park in CT - Gilette Castle. Which is incidentally also located on the CT river. Thank you!

"Turn of the Screw" By Matt King. Ok, Matt, you've got me here. It is a great abstract, but really, what am I looking at? There's got to be a great story behind it! Your description really piqued my interest...

And my absolute favorite from this round is a portrait by Vyshemirsky. Just wow! Amazing, almost 3D portrait in golden light. Superb is an understatement!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by anikin View Post

"Turn of the Screw" By Matt King. Ok, Matt, you've got me here. It is a great abstract, but really, what am I looking at? There's got to be a great story behind it! Your description really piqued my interest...
    Eugene:

It is a great, big, old brass ship's propeller (aka "screw"), without the cap (??) that goes on the centre core.

Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format

Mine finally sent this week!

I sent out two different prints this round, and it sounds like they are starting to reach their destinations. I've received 14 nice cards thus far, and will offer details in my next post.

Thanks to all who have sent!

Brian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Eugene:

It is a great, big, old brass ship's propeller (aka "screw"), without the cap (??) that goes on the centre core.

Aha! That makes sense now. Very cool!

Eugene.

Shooter
    Medium Format

Excuse!

oh no - I just realized that I somehow mixed the addresses from round 30 an 31 - I am very sorry! So some of you got postcards they did not expect to... and some did not get any from me.
    I knew my life was kind of chaotic , but this is proof! I will print the cards again and send them as fast as possible!
    What a mess!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have received more than a few cards and am thankful. I am at a friend's place so I have limited time and cannot review them here and now.

I hope to find a place to print in the next couple weeks. New place, second job taken, enlarger is on the blink and no internet but for quick hits like this. Will advise once sent.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I got two more cards:
    Turn of the screw from Matt King. Interesting framing, very finde shades of grey.
    Who cleande the beach for Ansel? from Bob Slaughter. I never expected to find so much rubbish at the beach.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Medium Format

oh joy!

rec'd from...

jaime torres, pipoca, for patrick olsen, "tree, germany" - colorful... and unlike any tree i saw in germany!
    mjs "snake dance" - drama! great exposure
    bob slaughter, "who cleaned the...", he was the the other beach!!!! i like the exposure!
    bmmccarthy, "batching plant" - white stuff!!???
    matt king, "turn of the screw", nice tones and depth, thoughtful composition.

great fun this round, very impressive images

jvo

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin