Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,967   Posts: 1,523,378   Online: 1181

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've received an updated address for ozphoto. If you've already sent her a card that's okay, if not please check for a PM in the next day or so, depending on your time zone

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    First of all: Darwin, sorry for your loss. Times have been tough for you and yours, take it easy with the postcards, that should be the least of your worries.

Now, so far I have received three cards:

Mark_S, detail of a Victorian house. Nicely framed, lots of different details to observe. Very nice.
    TXFZ1, Cathedral Spires, that's some nature you have captured, there's none of that in my flat country. Love the detail of seeing the water flowing. The great outdoors. Lovely.
    Pelo78, SF Twilight at the beach, beautiful how the playing kids turn into ghosts due to the slower shutter speed. That really makes the picture. One would almost forget to look at the background, which would be a shame. Very nice.

Off to a very nice start, I would say.

I have been out and about with the camera, shot two rolls of 6x9 (I'm more used to 6x6 and 6x4,5; with 6x9 rolls fill up pretty fast!), and developed the first of those. First roll of film developed in my new house, hooray! I hope I can select one or two shots after developing the second roll, and then... I hope my cyanotype chemistry is not too shaken and stirred from moving house. In other words: it will be a few weeks before I can send my cards.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    17 July 2014

Matt and Jacco, thank you for your warm thoughts. It is wonderful feeling to know that I have friends in other parts of the world. It means a lot.

To date I have only received 3 cards:
    The cards from Mark_S of architectural details in a San Francisco house is very nice. Very sharp (thank you Hasselblad) and has good tonal range.
    TXFZ1 captured a small piece of a wonderful place to photograph: Yosemite National Park. There is so much to see, and it is never the same visit-to-visit. Certainly one of the "photographer's paradise".
    TimVermont's photo from a historic village is very nice. Sharp and good tonal range. I like how the clouds just above the roof line interact with the tree branches, and how these branches are mirrored in the shadow branches. The Fujinon 210mm is my favorite lens with 4x5.

My cards were mailed this morning. The negative I selected is old and a little dirty, so please excuse the dust.

Regards,
    Darwin
    Last edited by drpsilver; 07-18-2014 at 12:55 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: correct spelling

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by drpsilver View Post
    To date I have only received 3 cards:
    As have I. But I like them a lot! Unfortunately, work and illness has kept me out of the darkroom as of late, but this weekend or next might work out well for me. I hope to get my cards done before the end of the month, as I'll be travelling quite extensively over August and September (northern Japan and Borneo/Java respectively).

I think the summer rounds always tend to be a little slow out of the gate for a number of reasons.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    drpsilver, Clouds, St Helena....Wow, beautiful photograph. Thanks for choosing an old one.

David

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin