Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,578   Posts: 1,545,724   Online: 903

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks David.

Mailed at noon from Point Roberts, WA on July 31st.
    Received in Houston, Texas on Saturday, August 2nd.
    Approximately 1970 miles (as the crow flys)
    The USPS is to be congratulated.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've been rather swamped with work this round, so only just been able to visit my local lab to print my postcards. With luck they'll be ready for posting by weeks end!

In the meantime, I've received 2 cards (that I'm aware of, since changing my address):
    • Darwin's "Clouds, St Helena" - love the "movement" in these, described extremely well.
    • Chocochick93's "Rainy Day in New Westminster" - arrived in Australia the week before I returned to Thailand and what a great image to start round 32!

I'll check to see if others have arrived in AU and update shortly.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Received drpsilver's Clouds. Beautiful. No need to say anything else. Just beautiful.

Working on my postcards since this weekend. Things have been rather hectic after moving house, so I'm "a bit" delayed. Haven't got a darkroom yet, so first I thought I would create some cyanotypes. Alas, I just can't find the time to do that. So, I'm now opting for instant photography. I hope to finish taking the photos this week and to send them ultimately next week.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    05 Aug 2014

Two cards arrived yesterday. The first was from anikin, a hand printed color photo of "homo cellphonicus". I like the humor in the photo. The other was from MattKing, a split toned photo how man "managed" the forest. I like how the sunlight accents both ivy and stump. I do not see a lot of sepia in this print, but just enough to warm the image from cool/neutral grey.

Regards,
    Darwin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just a note to let you know that my photos are on their way as of yesterday.
    Alas, no cyanotypes as I had initially planned, but a unique Impossible photo for each of you on my list.
    Received card count stuck at four; I guess it's a slow round due to summer holidays and whatnot.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just checked the calendar. Wow, how time flies. Round 33 just around the corner!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Had a teeny accident last weekend, which put a spanner in the works for me addressing my cards. Fear not, I'm back on deck and will have them all done and dusted for mailing next week!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry I've been lax about commenting on everyone's cards!

Today I received a polaroid from kraker: a black and white image of a pear tree (no partidges in it though!). It's been a long time since I've held a polaroid in my hands and I'm quite impressed with the black and white offerings from the Impossible Project: will definitely have to try this film soon!

I've also received the following:

"Remnant" by Matt King. I really like the treatment of this image, unfortunately it arrived a little mangled from the post office!

"Clouds, St Helena" by drpsilver, and the "painted ladies house" from Mark Sauerwald. Both of these images feature a great use of leading lines, whether from the house or the clouds.

"Historic Deefield Village" by Tim Trapp: really love the shadows of the tree on this great old house. This is definitely somewhere I would like to photograph one day.

"Cathedral Spires and Merced River" by TFXZ1: a beautiful landscape that I could only hope to render as well.

and finally, "Homo Cellphonicus" by anikin, an image that makes me laugh every time I look at it. You have a great eye Eugene.

As for me, well, I finally was able to christen my "new" darkroom for the first time this week -- now that I've gotten back into the swing of things this exchange is the first thing I'll get cracking on. I have the negatives chosen and they will be printed this weekend, and hopefully sent out on Monday.

Cheers.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    An update on cards received:

Homo Cellphonicus from Anikin. Cracks me up. Well done with a sly and wicked sense of humor!
    Clouds, St. Helena from Drpsilver. Great cloudscape, simply rendered. The sliver of land belowis just the right amount of visual anchor.
    Remnant from Matt King and Cathedral Spires and Merced River from TFXZ1. Sadly both heavily dinged up and abraded in the mail. Matt's split toning is an interesting look and something I'd like to try. +1 on Rachelle's remarks above for Cathedral Spires it's well done.

All best,

Tim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    22 Aug 2014

Just received a "Polaroid" from kraker. It has been a long time since I also held a SX-70 like print. The print I received was of a pear tree on what appears to be color film. The Impossible Project appears to be making good headway on resurrecting the best instant film I knew of. I hope they produce a 4x5 format when they "get up to speed". Thanks for a look at this new film.

Regards,
    Darwin

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin