Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,104   Online: 1001

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Postcard Exchange - Round 3

It has come to my attention that I should have sent some correspondence for Round 3 of the postcard exchange.

So, Round 3 of the postcard exchange is calling for participants. Current (and new) members will been emailed so no need to reply here. Anyone else with an interest, read on...

We now have 'rounds' of postcards where everyone on the list sends everyone else a postcard during the 'print and post' month which occurs each 3mths (4 times a year). There are currently approximately 25 members. The postcards are predominately B&W prints but there have been alternative processes, but anythings welcome.

The upcoming schedule is :

Round 3
    May : Sign On
    June : Print and Post
    July : Rest

Round 4
    August : Sign On
    September : Print and Post
    October : Rest period

If you're interested, email ( nigel@apug.org ) or PM your full name, address, APUG name and email I can contact you at (I send out the mailing list)

Cheers!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Whilst waiting for the list may I ask what medium is being used in the absence of the Ilford postcard paper. I've brought a pack of multigrade 5"x7", but it's very thin, and I wonder if it will survive the post. So, who's using what?
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K1P0
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Miller
    Whilst waiting for the list may I ask what medium is being used in the absence of the Ilford postcard paper. I've brought a pack of multigrade 5"x7", but it's very thin, and I wonder if it will survive the post. So, who's using what?
    Dave,

As far as I know, I can pick up this Ilford Postcard Stock at my local photo store. Would you like me to mail you a box if they have it? The last box I bought was $29.00 + 15% tax in Canadian dollars for 100 sheets.

cheers eh?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    there are still a few photo supply stores around that have it in stock. I just picked up three more boxes this last week.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You should be able to order MGIV-RC 5x7 in Portfolio weight - this is the same weight as the now discontinued postcard paper. Or ring around the usual suspects: some supplier may have a box left over.

Bob.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks John, Aggie, and Bob. Nice offer John, it's appreciated, but I would rather follow Bob's suggestion first I think as the airmail postage will be on the high side. Before I go shopping for Portfolio paper does anyone know of a UK stockist that has some postcard paper left?
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks Aggie, not quite Middle England, but close. I have asked them for stock and shiiping quote. Thanks.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks Aggie, not quite Middle England, but close. I have asked them for stock and shiiping quote. Thanks.
    I've had a very prompt reply from Peter Visma of Henry's Cameras to the effect that the will not ship sensitized material outside of Canada. They don't actually say if they have stock, or not.
    I shall have to bring my Blue Peter training to bear on this problem!
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Postcards sent yesterday! I got in early to ensure I'm also on time for the Print Exchange!

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin