Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,833   Posts: 1,582,381   Online: 858

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Postcard Exchange - Round 4

Round 4 of the postcard exchange is calling for participants. Since I was late last round, I thought I'd get in early this time

Current (and new) members will been emailed so no need to reply here. Anyone else with an interest, read on...

We now have 'rounds' of postcards where everyone on the list sends everyone else a postcard during the 'print and post' month which occurs each 3mths (4 times a year). There are currently approximately 20 members. The postcards are predominately B&W prints but there have been alternative processes, but anythings welcome.

The upcoming schedule is :

Round 4
    August : Sign On
    September : Print and Post
    October : Rest period

Rouind 5
    November :Sign On
    December : Print and Post
    January : R&R (from Xmas!)

If you're interested, email ( nigel@apug.org ) or PM your full name, address, APUG name and email I can contact you at (I send out the mailing list)

Cheers!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Just curious...what's the maximum size (internationally recognized) for postcard mail?

Murray

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    That would depend on your own country's postal service. Here in Australia, it's pretty close to a 5 x 7 (inch), which is quite large. It's only the country of origin that matters with respect to size.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    By the way, I'm in for Round 4. Prepare to be inundated with baby photos, people!!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm in, it sounds like fun. Sending PM.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'll pass this one too - I still haven't sent the cards for round 2!

I must learn to do all printing in winter, and print enough to last through summer.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Are we printing on 5x7 portfolio paper? Now that postcard paper is not availible.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    FYI, I just paid a quick visit to the US Postal Service web site. If we send 5X7s instead of postcards, the postage will be 37 cents as opposed to 23 if sent to a US address. For overseas, it looks like the difference in postage will also be small. A postcard is not smaller than 3.5"X5" and no larger than 4.25X6. I hope that this helps.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I think they're bringing the postcard stock back. In any case, I've got enough for two more rounds in the fridge. Eventually, I'll start printing them 4-up on 8x10" and cutting them down.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nige
    Round 4 of the postcard exchange is calling for participants. Since I was late last round, I thought I'd get in early this time

Current (and new) members will been emailed so no need to reply here. Anyone else with an interest, read on...

We now have 'rounds' of postcards where everyone on the list sends everyone else a postcard during the 'print and post' month which occurs each 3mths (4 times a year). There are currently approximately 20 members. The postcards are predominately B&W prints but there have been alternative processes, but anythings welcome.

The upcoming schedule is :

Round 4
    August : Sign On
    September : Print and Post
    October : Rest period

Rouind 5
    November :Sign On
    December : Print and Post
    January : R&R (from Xmas!)

If you're interested, email ( nigel@apug.org ) or PM your full name, address, APUG name and email I can contact you at (I send out the mailing list)

Cheers!
    What are the guidelines? Are actually taking postcards, ie stamp and address on the back? Or postcard size prints mailed in a envelope. I'd be interested in sending out some 4x5 carbons, but they are too delicate to send uprotected.

Steve

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin