Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,966   Posts: 1,558,429   Online: 968

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Dug

Shooter
    Multi Format

Ilfochrome=fingerprint magnet

I noticed the Ilfochrome material is an excellent medium for gathering fingerprints, so I am interested to hear their arrival condition.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got David's the other day... amazing such a building can be left to run down in such a way, but then it happens the world over!

A BW card by a Girl turned up today... you can keep your snow, nice to get pictures of it though

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nige
    I got David's the other day... amazing such a building can be left to run down in such a way, but then it happens the world over!

A BW card by a Girl turned up today... you can keep your snow, nice to get pictures of it though
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug
    I noticed the Ilfochrome material is an excellent medium for gathering fingerprints, so I am interested to hear their arrival condition.
    Doug,

Your postcard was in pretty good condition. Any fingerprints are easily wiped off. You wrote that's it's a contact print. Are you saying it's a 4" x 5" Velvia postive? Wow, cool.

BWKate

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hey Doug,
    got yours today, beautiful, thanks! And the fingerprints on it are mostly mine, but seem to stick really well.
    Imke

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    OUTSTANDING split-toned postcard from Dave Miller today. If you think Dave's IR work in the gallery is impressive, the scans aren't even vaguely close to the real thing.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb
    OUTSTANDING split-toned postcard from Dave Miller today. If you think Dave's IR work in the gallery is impressive, the scans aren't even vaguely close to the real thing.
    You've really spoiled us this time Dave, fantastic image of a lovely place. No expense spared with gold chloride split toning as well! I must revisit Houghton Mill -- I haven't been back since I stayed there 25 years ago when it was a youth hostel.

Cheers

Mike

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I finally got my act together and sent out my postcards today. Hope they make it to where they're supposed to go! I love coming home and finding cool postcards in my otherwise fairly lame pile of mail. Thanks everybody for the postcards!
    todd

Dug

Shooter
    Multi Format

Art=Art!

Art!

I got your postcard/holiday card yesterday. It is awesome! Explain what you did (or do we have to wait for others to get theirs?).

Doug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got your postcard/holiday card yesterday. It is awesome! Explain what you did (or do we have to wait for others to get theirs?).
    Hi Doug,

Thanks. I am glad you liked it. It's really just a basic Polaroid transfer. I picked out an image of a cherry tree in, of all places, a parking lot somewhere in suburban Orange County, LA! The image itself was taken using Kodak Ektachrome 100 with a Hasselblad 503CW and a 40mm CFE lens.

The transfer process is pretty simple. I use a Daylab 120 with a 4x5 base and I use Polaroid Type 59 film. Basically, you load the transparency into the Daylab, it makes an image on the Polaroid film. I 'soften' paper in warm water, squeegee out the excess and pull out the film from the Daylab. After a5s development, I peel apart the Polaroid 'film' from the print and transfer the image from the film onto the paper. I'm not really explaining it well here, so go to the Polaroid website for more details.

And voila! I have my Polaroid transfer. Snip the paper to fit the greeting card pocket and you've got a greeting card.

I am glad you enjoyed it and I hope others will too.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin