Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,529   Online: 1163

Page 1 of 19 123456711 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Postcard Exchange - Round 5

Round 5 of the postcard exchange is calling for participants. Since I was early last round, I thought I'd get go back to being late. Good thing this isn't something with a tight deadline! I'll also attempt to correct some spelling mistakes I keep cutting'n'pasting in this messages.

Current (and new participants who've already sent their info) members will been emailed so no need to reply here. Anyone else with an interest, read on...

We now have 'rounds' of postcards where everyone on the list sends everyone else a postcard during the 'print and post' month which occurs each 3mths (4 times a year). There are currently approximately 20 members. The postcards are predominately B&W prints but there have been alternative processes, but anythings welcome.

The upcoming schedule is :

Round 5
    November :Sign On
    December : Print and Post
    January : R&R (from Xmas!)

Round 6
    February :Sign On
    March : Print and Post
    April : R&R

If you're interested, email ( nigel@apug.org ) or PM, your full name, address, APUG name and email I can contact you at (I send out the mailing list)

Cheers!

Edited to remove Xmas in April reference! doh!
    Last edited by Nige; 11-06-2005 at 04:46 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Nige,

I've signed up for this round. When can I expect an email with the list? No hurry, just wondering. I'm making the postcards now and I was also wondering what people write on the postcards?
    Thanks
    Kate

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BWKate
    Hi Nige,

I've signed up for this round. When can I expect an email with the list? No hurry, just wondering. I'm making the postcards now and I was also wondering what people write on the postcards?
    Thanks
    Kate
    Some write nothing; others their life history, it's up to you.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kate, did you get my email? The final list with addresses gets sent at the end of this month.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Miller
    Some write nothing; others their life history, it's up to you.
    Dave writes a very detailed summary of where the picture was taken and how it was processed and printed. Most write at least the camera and film type used. I usually write the location, camera and film details.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I usually say "G'Day"

One day I'll include what my kids have been up to, how the dogs are behaving, etc ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BWKate
    Hi Nige,

Thanks
    Kate
    Well, hello, BWKate! Glad to see another BW-female here! haha

I generally write what the thing is, the film I used & the developer and any interesting (or at least normal) printing facts.
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi back to the other BW female on the site. I always enjoy reading your posts.
    Thanks to everyone for the comments. It gives me some ideas on what to write on the cards. I'm excited to see what this whole adventure will produce. Now if I can just decide which image to print.

BWKate

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think I'll try this out for one round. PM sent Nige.

Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    After a very long and productive night in the darkroom I have finished printing my postcards. Hope 20 is enough. I've made a couple extras because I'm not sure if the list is still at 20. This will be interesting because no one has seen any of my photos. I don't have any photo editing software on my computer so I can't change the image size of any photos I have scanned so have not posted anything yet. I'm not the administrator on our computer so cannot download any free software. Trying to convince partner to buy "Elements" and he's close to caving in.

BWKate

Page 1 of 19 123456711 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin