Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,038   Posts: 1,560,685   Online: 1013
      
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 304
  1. #11
    Bob F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    London
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    3,984
    Images
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy K
    I've been keeping an eye out, but as yet have not seen it available anywhere. Not even advertised as coming soon.
    Simon Galley posted on another thread that it had just finished production and would be shipping in the next few weeks.

    Good news 'cos I've got about 10 sheets left and don't think that will be enough ...

    Cheers, Bob.

  2. #12
    Aggie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    So. Utah
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    4,925
    Images
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob F.
    Simon Galley posted on another thread that it had just finished production and would be shipping in the next few weeks.

    Good news 'cos I've got about 10 sheets left and don't think that will be enough ...

    Cheers, Bob.
    Bob, pm your address, and for you I will send you some. Can't have one of the oldtimers miss anyone for lack of paper.
    Non Digital Diva

  3. #13
    Dave Miller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Middle England
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    3,894
    Images
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Nige
    Aggie's gone into the reseller business

    Actually, has anyone purchased any of the new stock yet?
    No, but I did manage to get an unopened box off Ebay. It will be interesting if it's printable.

    To those who do not have Ilford postcard stock, all my efforts to date have been on ordinary 7x5 paper with a lable on the back to stiffen it. In the main these have survived the journey.
    Regards Dave.

    An English Eye


  4. #14

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Wilmington, DE
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Posts
    554
    Images
    17
    Interesting...Hopefully I will be able to score a box before the deadline. Perhaps some blank postcard stock with a liquid light emulsion might do the trick ?

  5. #15
    David A. Goldfarb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Honolulu, Hawai'i
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    17,377
    Images
    20
    The postcard stock is MGIV RC Portfolio cut to size and printed on the back, so if you can't get it yet, you could print 4-up on a sheet of 8x10", trim to size and mail them that way. Of course other papers can be used that way too, but you might need to stiffen them up, say by drymounting to a sheet of 2-ply.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

  6. #16
    Nicole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    2,548
    Images
    8
    Well I hope some of you haven't given up hope on the 5th exchange, I'm finishing my postcards the next couple of days. It's been a bit of a drawn out event with major deadlines, but I have some free time put aside for regaining sanity, which will be spent in the darkroom the next couple of days. I've really enjoyed everyone's wonderful cards from the 5th round, the effort that people have put in is beautiful. Made me go back and redo a couple. So if you'll forgive my delay, I'd love to be in the 6th exchange. The 5th rounders should expect their postcards from me sometime next week depending on how far north of the globe you are.
    Kind regards
    Nicole

  7. #17
    Bob F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    London
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    3,984
    Images
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
    Bob, pm your address, and for you I will send you some. Can't have one of the oldtimers miss anyone for lack of paper.
    Thank you for that very kind offer Aggie. From what Simon Galley posted, the paper should show up in the supply chain within the next month, so hopefully I won't need to deplete your small ( ) stocks, but I will bear your kind offer in mind- just in case.

    Hope you are reading this Simon - get those distribution people moving - no more tea breaks until the paper is shipped!


    Cheers, Bob.

  8. #18
    Dave Miller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Middle England
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    3,894
    Images
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Boenig-McGrade
    Well I hope some of you haven't given up hope on the 5th exchange, I'm finishing my postcards the next couple of days. It's been a bit of a drawn out event with major deadlines, but I have some free time put aside for regaining sanity, which will be spent in the darkroom the next couple of days. I've really enjoyed everyone's wonderful cards from the 5th round, the effort that people have put in is beautiful. Made me go back and redo a couple. So if you'll forgive my delay, I'd love to be in the 6th exchange. The 5th rounders should expect their postcards from me sometime next week depending on how far north of the globe you are.
    Kind regards
    Nicole
    You're forgiven.
    Regards Dave.

    An English Eye


  9. #19
    Andy K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Sunny Southend, England.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    9,422
    Images
    81
    I'll be joining in as soon as I can. I currently have half a box left, I don't want to use it up until I can buy more!
    I looked on the Silverprint site, they have a size close to postcard advertised, but it doesn't specifically state that it is actual postcard stock.


    -----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

  10. #20
    Bob F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    London
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    3,984
    Images
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy K
    I'll be joining in as soon as I can. I currently have half a box left, I don't want to use it up until I can buy more!
    I looked on the Silverprint site, they have a size close to postcard advertised, but it doesn't specifically state that it is actual postcard stock.
    They used to have a separate stock entry line for Postcard paper on the site. It is no longer there. They may not even know it is about to make a comeback - even if they do, the site is not updated very often. I'm sure Simon will say when it is ready and we can order it then. There is no rush (yet ) - we won't have the full list of who to send cards to until the end of Feb and then have until the end of March to send out the printed cards.

    Cheers, Bob.

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin