Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,337   Posts: 1,537,596   Online: 1126

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    So, is this 'postcard' paper just Multigrade IV RC Deluxe in 3.5"x5" ? If so, then I see it available at calumet and B&H....Unless Ilford specifically calls it 'postcard'.

EDIT - Nevermind, I answered my own question...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I noticed the other day that Film Depot in Denton, TX has a few boxes of Ilford postcard stock. Don't remember what surface, but I'm pretty sure it was RC.

-FyI-

-KwM-

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveH
    So, is this 'postcard' paper just Multigrade IV RC Deluxe in 3.5"x5" ? If so, then I see it available at calumet and B&H....Unless Ilford specifically calls it 'postcard'.

EDIT - Nevermind, I answered my own question...

My box of Ilford Postcard paper looks like this.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Can I join, even though I'm a novice printer? Not sure if I can get hold of Ilford postcard stock - would postcard-sized other paper be OK?

anthony

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
    Psst Jim, Keep this quiet. If you need a box of postcard stock, I can send you one.

Thanks Aggie... I'll send you a PM
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"...Wayne Gretzky

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by komet
    Can I join, even though I'm a novice printer? Not sure if I can get hold of Ilford postcard stock - would postcard-sized other paper be OK?

anthony
    Any paper is okay. As Nige said, the Ilford postcard stuff is pretty strong, but you can use anything you like.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Plz count me in this round as well. I've already E-Mailed my particulars to Nige.

looking forward to adding to the population of my postcard tin. Dianna and I were actually kicking around ideas for having postcards sandwiched between sheets of plexiglass, held together with clips, and suspended in a kind of ladder-arrangement to share with anyone who comes in our home.

Has anyone come up with some nice, creative ways to display their postcard collection?

It occurs to me another way would be to cut two window mats about 1/4 of an inch shorter in each dimension out of 2-ply mat board and stack them together in a binder. Of course, viewers would be robbed of a beautiful sliver of each postcard.

hrm.

-KwM-

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kwmullet
    Has anyone come up with some nice, creative ways to display their postcard collection?

It occurs to me another way would be to cut two window mats about 1/4 of an inch shorter in each dimension out of 2-ply mat board and stack them together in a binder. Of course, viewers would be robbed of a beautiful sliver of each postcard.

hrm.

-KwM-
    No, I haven't. I like to be able to read the back of the card as well. I also don't like just letting people handle them which is a bit weird considering most have come through the mail system and have all sorts of marks, stamps and stickers on them! I was thinking of mounting them in windows on card and placing them in an album so you can read the back.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    one thing I thought of after that last post was to maybe I could cut two 'overmats' to the exact dimensions of each postcard (assuming each is pretty square) and sandwich them with the bevels reversed so the postcard is cradled in a little crevice, and all the real-estate is visible. I don't know if I'm up to the task, though, of cutting such exact mats with my little hand-held mat cutter and modest experience at mat cutting.

-KwM-

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kwmullet

-KwM-
    The Lomographic Society sell 'Fotoclips' which allow photographs to be clipped together in various 2D and 3D display arrangements. I've never used them but they are an option.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin