Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,926   Posts: 1,522,139   Online: 895

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    A shoe box is fine; provided that you’ve big feet.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I can tell just from these digital snaps that some of those postcards are very well printed indeed, and I hope those advanced printers will offer me a few words of advice when they receive my mediocre attempt!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Prior to putting them in the album (which I've only done Round 1) I stored them in a shoe box. I'll have to decide whether to leave the initial ones (before we change to the rounds system) in there or put them in the album as well. Might leave them there so I can fondle them for the complete postcard experience.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Boenig-McGrade
    I've bought a special little box for my collection - and my prints/cards are on their way merry way shortly.
    That's awesome, Nicole,

Looking forward to receiving yours in the mail. Appreciate the effort. This is lots of fun, eh?

BWKate

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm game for a round. I've already got a bunch printed on some Kodabromide postcard stock. I'm curious though, if you have an international paticipant how do you figure the postage to go on it? And whats the going rate for domestic postcards, been a long time since I've seen one in the mail.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Gary,

Check the previous postcard thread. (Round # 5) I think there is something about postage prices and a link to a U.S. postal site with prices, etc.

BWKate

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by glbeas
    I'm game for a round. I've already got a bunch printed on some Kodabromide postcard stock. I'm curious though, if you have an international paticipant how do you figure the postage to go on it? And whats the going rate for domestic postcards, been a long time since I've seen one in the mail.
    For postcards sent US to US, a book of postcard stamps should reflect current postage. Some of the rates have recently gone up in the US -- don't know if that includes domestic postcards. When I sent my international postcards, there seemed to be one rate for NAFTA countries (ie Canada and Mexico) and a different rate for each other country. I don't think there's any sane way to stay ahead of the curve on this information except to just take your international postcards in to the post office to mail them when the time comes. This photo geek's opinion.

Of course, many days, my biggest kick is a trip to the post office.

-KwM-

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    move to Oz, then your international postcards are all the one price no matter where it's going...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Just a quick note to say that my postcards for Round 5 went into the post today - finally! Do I win the booby prize for being last by a country mile...?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ailsa
    Do I win the booby prize for being last by a country mile...?
    No, I think Nicole gets that honour!

Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin