Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,961   Posts: 1,523,126   Online: 977

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
    My next one I'm planning on color. I know I have to have a lab print them for me since I haven't figure out my jobo yet.
    That's what I did this round. My Jobo works fine, I was just lazy this round!

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart

1. We still are in the midst of the current exchange and about 2/3 of the folks have sent there postcards. So we're still awaiting some more. So, this means that as the numbers grow, the waiting grows too as particpants finish their card making and posting.

2. I'm not sure I like the idea of 'cutting off' the sign up to a limited number of people. I'd rather have two or three groups than limit the number of people.

So all that being said, maybe this question is premature. Let's wait until this round is 'substantially complete' - that is when say 90% of the particpants have sent their postcards.
    Replies to Art's good points...

1. We are not far away from the Round 7 sign-up and I'd like to get this hashed out before then so people know what they are getting themselves into. Maybe we're talking about Round 8 and beyond.

2. Agree. Might be hard for new people to get on the list! We already have 3 new people for Rnd 7 and 2 current members are signed up for life or until their SUBSTANTIAL stocks are depleted (and it looks like one is not going to be using hers next round!!!!)

3. See point 1.

I would like to accomodate people who find 35+ cards too many so I might have a go at what David suggested early in the thread of having everyone specifiy how many cards they would like to send and they all get an individual list. I've did a name matching program for the initial blind exchange (which didn't get used) so I probably can modify/ expand that.

Lot's of people on the list haven't said anything here so I'll send an email direct to stir them up a bit, and then no-one will be able to say they didn't get a chance to have a say!

Regards, Nige

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What will I have to do to sign up?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Tom,

One of the other threads (eg. Round 6 Postcard Exchange) explains it all, but you need to send me your snail mail details and an email address.

Cheers, Nige.

P.S. One day soon I'll copy Art's nice intro pages..

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hello All,

The current Postcard exchange was my first ever attempt at sending my work to others. I have been very pleasently surprised by the encouragement and favourable critiques I've had. I would be quite happy to send images to a group of similar size, or up to 50ish. If the group is split then perhaps 'shuffling the pack' would enable each participant to correspond with all the others over say two or three rounds.

By the way I'll be in for the next round - 7 ? what ever the outcome.

Regards Daniel

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I for one have very much enjoyed taking part in the last exchange, and will undoubtedly take part in the next (I've already started trying to pick my negative...).

For me printing 35 postcards was not a problem and I'd gladly print many more if necessary. I'd just split it into several darkroom sessions.

I do think Nige makes a good point about accommodating people who don't have the time or resources to print a very large number of cards though. One of the nice things about these exchanges is how inclusive they are.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    After reading the thread about the 6th postcard exchange, am I right in thinking that the ILFORD Postcard paper is just the same as any other ILFORD Portfolio RC paper?

If this is the case, I might as well get a box of 5 x 7 as it would allow larger prints.

Tom.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Personally, if I'm printing a round of cards anyway, I don't mind doing 50 or more. More than 10 and I'm already in "production" mode, and I've made a few improvements to the darkroom to make this a little easier (Metrolux timer to prevent exposure drift, 4-up proofing easel, Rotatrim which I got for alt-process printing).

Objectively, before we had scheduled rounds and just printed whenever the inspiration struck, the Postcard Exchange seemed to grind to a halt when the list got to be over 40.

Tom--Postcard stock is indeed Portfolio RC paper with postcard printing on the back, and you could use 5x7". The only difference is that you won't be able to use the postcard postal rate.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb
    Personally, if I'm printing a round of cards anyway, I don't mind doing 50 or more. More than 10 and I'm already in "production" mode...
    I agree. We had to come out with 35 this time. so would another 10 or so *really* be that much more ? For myself, I found most of the time was spent setting everything up, and then inspecting the cards - not on the actual exposure/development.
    However, I completely understand those whom prefer to do ALT. processes, as the time and expense go up exponentionally.

Regards,

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kershaw
    After reading the thread about the 6th postcard exchange, am I right in thinking that the ILFORD Postcard paper is just the same as any other ILFORD Portfolio RC paper?

If this is the case, I might as well get a box of 5 x 7 as it would allow larger prints.

Tom.
    Yes, same paper - 10x15cm and printed on the back with the usual Postcard stuff.

I think I'll knock up a cradle this next round to hold 8 postcards per tray...

<edit> Kate's post below reminds me. I sent out my cards a week ago so if anyone does not receive them in the next few days, give me a shout and I'll send out a replacement - a scan of the card is in the postcard gallery for those who can't read my scribble on the card...</edit>

Cheers, Bob.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin