Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,745   Posts: 1,515,631   Online: 864

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Postcard Exchange : Time to split into groups?

Time to discuss for Round 7. Have already several new people for Round 7 so if almost everyone in Round 6 continues we'll be looking at around 35-40 cards. Some have expressed their desire to have a more managable number, others still want to trade with everyone. Not sure how we can organise it so we can accomodate all wishes... please post any suggestions and general discussion.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nige,

I think it's simple:

1. Find out who want to split and who doesn't.
    2. Split the folks who want to split into two or three groups.
    3. Add in the rest.

I think the number of people that want to be in all groups is low. My guess, but I could be wrong.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My cards may be slow getting out there, but they do get there.
    I really love the postcards from everyone and would like to be in all groups. You learn a lot from the cards and I really appreciate everyone's effort.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Art, that was my initial thought, but is falls in a hole if the number wanting in to all groups is a good portion of the group. Those in multiple groups would just send one card to each person, not multiples.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I think we need a programmer to write some software so that each person can put their name, address, and how many postcards they are willing to print into a database and the software puts out an individual list for each participant where everyone who sends a postcard is paired up with with someone who will send one in return and so the partial-list printers are randomly distributed among the full-list printers.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Instead of designing a programme, how about pulling a name out of a hat?
    Sorry David, couldn't help myself.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicole
    Instead of designing a programme, how about pulling a name out of a hat?
    That would be the Blind Postacrd Exchange versus the Group Postcard Exchange! Soon we'll have an Alternative Process Postcard Exchange. When do we start limiting them to subscribers only? Nige is prolly shaking his head now....

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nige, the way I perceive it, is that if you are in two (or more) groups, then you would have to send a postcard to each member of each group.

I would also assume, one would have a different postcard picture for each group that you are in.

Perhaps this different picture for each group, could be a requirement of being in multiple groups in a round.

An alternate way, could be to restrict the rounds to a set number, say 30. When the set number is reached, all later starters would go into the next round, which doesn't get underway until the set maximum is reached.

I'm already printing postcards, for the next round!

Mick.
    Last edited by Mick Fagan; 04-15-2006 at 08:45 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Spelling

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My approach is that the whole idea is to exchange postcards with everyone else. I do not see anything under 50 as being difficult to manage; at least, not for people using RC silver paper - anyone using fibre or Alt Proc would obviously spend a much longer time in the darkroom.

Cost to me is about 3 hours in the darkroom (I don't see that as an negative BTW!) and about 30 quid once every 3 months on paper, chemicals and postage. I consider both to be time and money well spent.

Some 46 people were happy to proceed on that basis in the last round. See what happens in the next round - I suspect we will get a similar number as some drop out and others drop in.

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Nige
    I got my paper last week. Count me in into next round.I'll wait and see what you guy's are going to decide.

Greg
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin