Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,836   Online: 1083

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 812131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Randy(Reellis67) thank you for your card it arrived today.I would be interested in what film , developer and also what paper developer have you used?What camera?I like the tonal values and detail on the leaves.Well done.

Greg
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    First off, an apology to everyone who's sent me a card and who I've yet to thank - there's some fantastic work here. Life has been unusually hectic over the last month and I've not really had time to sit down and enjoy them all yet, hopefully I'll get a bit of time at the weekend.

That leads me to my second apology, for not having sent my cards out yet - they *will* be done this weekend and sent out at the start of next week.

Cheers,

Ben.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster6X6
    Hi Randy(Reellis67) thank you for your card it arrived today.I would be interested in what film , developer and also what paper developer have you used?What camera?I like the tonal values and detail on the leaves.Well done.

Greg
    Greg,

I used FP4+ @ 125 and Rodinal @ 1:100 for the standard time - I often adjust both exposure and developing to control the contrast, but in this case I wanted a strong image so I used the straight box speed and development times. The paper is Ilford Postcard Glossy (RC) printed at grade 2 1/2 and developed in Ilford Cooltone @ 1:9. The camera used was a Mamiya M645 and the lens was a 55mm with a #1 extension tube attached. Thanks for the kind words on my card for this round.

- Randy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Randy I found that I can learn a lot about different films and developers combinations in this post card exchange. Very interesting images and approaches to an image.
    David I received your card today thank you very much. I never tried IR film before. You have inspired me to give it a go in 120 size.Excellent detail.
    I like it a lot.

Cheers Greg

Buster6X6

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Guys, I'm running a bit late but will have all of the cards out this week. After months of inactivity at work it became chaotic over the last month, plus childrens birthdays, house renovation, buying a new enlarger etc. Excuses over. Now back to the darkroom.
    So many drummers, so little time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    6 more postcards this week! Thanks Kevin, Dave, Blackmelas, BW Kate, BirgerA and the whoever sent me "Deux". All very beautiful images. Hope you all upload your images to the gallery so others can see them.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Medium Format
    After a few snags and delays, I finally printed all the cards tonight. They'll go out in a day or two.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I received two more post cards today.
    Thank you BirgerA Great looking image I wish a bought more APX100 couple years ago.Still have couple boxes left.
    Thanks KevinC Good angle of view and you used my favorite camera.

Cheers Greg

Buster6X6

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart

When you get a chance, those that have sent their postcards, I'd encourage you to also post your image in the gallery.

Thanks, Art.
    I tried, but my scanner is a piece of crap. I don't know what I'm doing wrong...

I put the paper in the glass bed, placed the scanner in the developer, stopped, fixed and rinsed. Now it's quit working altogether. Ruined a perfectly good sheet of postcard paper...

You'll have to be content with your print copy.
    Last edited by pandino; 07-10-2006 at 09:59 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Repeated repeated word

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Pandino,

Was that Rodinal developer? LOL

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin