Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,941   Posts: 1,557,556   Online: 1135

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Fagan
    I did the prints (48) on Monday evening, took me one hour and ten minutes.

It's amazing how quickly one can do this if you get organised and you run a conventional B&W process. Leaves me with time to ponder the next neg for the next round.

Mick.
    48 prints in 1:10.:o Now that is fast! I finished printing last night, but it took me about three hours from start to finish. Thankfully, I use an electronic timer and footswitch which easily cut my exposure time in half over using a mechanical timer. I can see how this could get to be a burden for people using alt processes or limited equipment.

I'm relatively new to printing and I've never made so many prints of a single negative before, so I learned a few things. Even though the developer was far from exhausted, I didn't realize that I would need to adjust my dev time as I got to the end of the session. Some of the later prints were slightly less dense and could have used another 20-30s in the dev.

Now they're off to get butchered by the Postal system...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Caulfield
    ...For me, that's good. Hey, it's only June 5th.
    ...only June 5th...only June 5th...got the labels printed...it's a start.

Oh yeah, thanks Nige for making it so easy to print the labels...sweet.

S
    Save the Earth. It's the only planet with chocolate.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, I've selected my negatve, but I'm having a little teething trouble with my new darkroom location. I've vacated the room I use to make way for our new nursery...

Anyway, hopefully I'll get my blacking out problems sorted in time to start printing at the weekend. With luck the postcards will be the first prints from my new darkroom.

Ben.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Well, I just finished my first round of post card prints. I learned two things. It is really easy to fog paper when you make a lot of prints and don't use a paper safe. I also learned that you can make a "perfect print" if you print one copy, but it is a lot harder to make 50. They came out nice in the end and I'll be sending them out in the next couple of days..........it is posted in the gallery, but the real one looks much better!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Crap, you guys are way to efficient. I still have to get some paper. Everyone just sloooowwww down.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And don't post them in the gallery until people have probably received them. Otherwise you ruin the element of surprise.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hello all,

Mine went into the post today. I've spent the week getting them ready; I need a day to get the feeling back into my arm after writing them all out. Hope you like the image.

Regards Daniel

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got Chris Pandinos and Mick Fagans cards today. Post office took a bite out of the emulsion on Chris' card. Good work!
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by glbeas
    Post office took a bite out of the emulsion on Chris' card...
    I was reluctant dropping those prints in the mailbox for fear of this. I hesitated less when mailing off my annual check to the IRS, than when I entrusted these prints to the brutes!

This was my first PC exchange. The funny thing is I took irrationally great pains to keep from scratching, damaging or fingerprinting the prints only to have them torn up by the USPS. Funnier yet is that my father-in-law works in the very sorting facility where they were sorted/butchered. I think he has it in for me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mine are going into the post today, just sticking labels onto them at the moment. Since I had a bit to write about it I printed up a label for it... however, I also created a new set of address labels to suit some different (2 up) labels I found, and managed to stuff up the format of the addresses by sticking the 'town' in twice! I only noticed this after I stuck them on the cards! So, hopefully they get to you and no, you don't need to tell me about it David's is amusing... New York, New York, NY... The postman might burst into song! Also, MikeG's lengthy address was even longer!

Edit : BTW, I took just over 1.5hrs to print 48 cards once I got the exposure right (although that aspect that could be debatable of course)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin