Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,880   Posts: 1,520,455   Online: 975

Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131418 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I received 4 postcards from Gary Beasley, Daniel, Mick Fagan, and Chris Pandino.

All great and all so different. How did you make that cool uneven border, Chris? I like it. Great portait Mick, does your brother like it? Cool perspective Gary and Daniel!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BWKate
    How did you make that cool uneven border, Chris?
    Kate,
    Thanks for the compliment! That was my first attempt at a black border of this type. Each print was exposed twice. The first exposure was for the border, and the second for the negative.

For the border, I created the mask by scoring the paper to the desired dimensions, then slowly tearing away at the score. The mask was made of some kind of thick, black, pulpy paper that I had laying around.

I laid the mask on top of each print and exposed sans negative. I cranked through all 50 in about 5-10 minutes, so some may not be perfectly squared with the edges. I then set up my neg for the second exposure.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicole
    My goodness, I'm so snowed under with work right now and you have your finished and out the door already?? I have a big display happening in an upcoming expo this weekend so have not had time for anything else. I'll get a little more time in the next 2-3 weeks. I apologise in advance if I run a little behind.
    Nicole, just like Kate have mentioned, no worries. Some of us are busier than others….I am sure the wait will be worth it

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Shmoo, I got yours, and Art, yours too. Thanks!
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got Shmoo and Daniels today. Good stuff you two.

D.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Lofgreen
    I got Shmoo and Daniels today. Good stuff you two.

D.
    That was quick...posted them on Sat. and they started arriving today. I'd better quit complaining about the US Postal Service...
    Save the Earth. It's the only planet with chocolate.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    First five cards arrived today Thanks Gary, Daniel, Mike, Mark and Chris.
    This is wonderful. They came in with very little damage. only corners scuffed.
    As BW Kate said they are so different but unique to each individual and there style and format they use. I like them all.
    Thanks guys
    Mike your brothers expression in this image is being in right place at the right time. Very well done.Mark you probably remember me from the conference in Toronto? I like the moody look and grain adds to the image.Daniel your image has a such steely look to it. Xp-2 is a very nice film.Gary very difficult light. Well done.Chris I have some Technical Pan in 4X5 I taught to use it for night shutting but it seems to look great in daylight to.

Keep them coming Greg
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Ready to send my PC's out.

I was able to print and label all my Post cards and will have them out in the mail tomorrow. I tried something different than I normal print, but it was fun for this exchange.

Enjoy.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hello Nige and Art,

Nige, I've ofter wondered what the 'Invisible man' did in his spare time. You must've had your bandages in the wash, or were you 'skinny' washing the car?
    Interesting image though sharper than I would have expected.

Art another shot with lots of 'perspective' including aerial, as an engineer I find it fascinating - is it part of a hydro scheme ?

Regards Daniel

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Daniel, I got yours and Niges' cards today, thanks!
    Gary Beasley

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin