Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,597   Online: 845

Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141519 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Nige
    I received your card today. Thanks again for organizing this it is a lot of fun. Every time I looked at the pin hole image it look grainy and fuzzy not this one. Well done. Why do I buy expensive lenses? Hah.

Greg
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

Shooter
    Medium Format

*grumble*

I was planning to print the bulk of the cards tonight, but I ran into a snag. I noticed a lack of contrast on one print, and then another, and then another. I fiddled with exposure, and things were still off. So, I developed an unexposed card, and it came out a nice dull grey. I pulled five more from various parts of the stack, and they progressively got worse, eventually ending with solid black edges.

Apparently, I exposed the entire stack of paper to light. At least I had already used half of it. I already have another box on order with the local camera shop, but it may not arrive by the end of the month.

So far, all the postcards I've received have been wonderful. Great work guys!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Got Schmoo's card yesterday! Wow, that was fast. It's amazing what you shot your film at and the results. Such fine grain and detail.

I finally picked a negative! Just have to get in the darkroom and have at it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I should be sending out my postcards within the next few days.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Wow!

I've recieved several post cards and for each one, all I can say is WOW! No wonder this postcard exchange is such a popular idea. Thanks for letting me in on this one.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Apparently, I exposed the entire stack of paper to light.

This is a huge fear of mine!

I will be printing mine the first of next week and will get them sent out asap after.

I just wanted to add that my family is enjoying seeing the postcards almost as much as I am!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They just keep coming in, three today. Two of David Goldfarbs and Alex Weis shot. That tree is really something Alex. You pulled that one off quite well.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My tang is still sticky from all the hundreds of stamps I had to lick tonight but I think it was well wort it. I hope you all are going to enjoy my post card.
    I received David's and Shmoo's cards today thank you very much.
    Maui sure looks different in B\W
    Shmoo grain is almost not exsistant ,tonal range is great, well done.

Keep them coming
    Greg
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Well so far the post cards are great, I take them to work with me to show off. And as for my contribution... they are printed and as of friday they will be off to the four corners of the globe courtesy of the usps.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by simulatordan
    Art another shot with lots of 'perspective' including aerial, as an engineer I find it fascinating - is it part of a hydro scheme ?
    Hi Dan,

That wasn't exatly an aerial, but I get what you're talking about. It was shot underground (I assume several hundred meters; I don't remember) and yes, it was part of the James Bay (this photo was at the La Grande Baleine - translation: "The Great Whale") Hydroelectric Project in Northern Quebec. I will post a detailed explanation (from what I can remember) in the gallery in a couple of weeks.

Thanks, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin