Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,767   Posts: 1,484,160   Online: 780

Page 1 of 28 123456711 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Postcard Exchange : Round 7

Round 7 of the APUG Postcard Exchange is calling for participants.

Current (and new participants who've already sent their info) members have been/will be emailed so no need to reply here. Anyone else with an interest, read on...

We have 'rounds' of postcards where everyone on the list sends everyone else a postcard during the 'print and post' month which occurs each 3mths (4 times a year). I believe there will be 40 plus participants this round so think about the time and postage costs before signing up. Future rounds may be split into groups but that discussion will take place leading up to Round 8. Last month we had 35 and this month I've already got 11 new participants and one person dropping out.

The postcards are predominately B&W prints, but there have been alternative processes (some stunning examples). Anythings welcome.
    More info at http://www.apug.org/forums/forum179/26912-apug-postcard-exchange-introduction.html

The upcoming schedule is :

Round 7
    May : Sign on
    June : Print and Post
    July : R&R

If you're interested, email ( nigel@apug.org ) or PM, your full name, address, APUG name and an email I can contact you at (I send out the mailing list)

Cheers!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    bump...

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    How many have we got signed up so far Nige?

Cheers

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    35 at the moment

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Update of committed participants :

APUGer

Edited to remove chance of confusion!
    Last edited by Nige; 05-24-2006 at 06:54 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Did David Goldfarb send his postcards out for Round#6? If you have David then I apologize because I didn't get one yet and maybe it got lost?

I also didn't receive Luis, Ray Heath's or Jim Moore's?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    David is doing a Round 6 & 7 combo... he'll be good!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's great, Nige. I didn't mean to sound like a jerk but it's possible that people sent out their cards and I just didn't get them. I'm just trying to rule that out.

I'm a little confused about why someone would sign up for another exchange if they didn't honour their previous commitment. If anyone didn't receive my postcard I would hope that they would let me know so I could send another one.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    wow that's almost 50 people. this is going to be cool.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BWKate
    I'm a little confused about why someone would sign up for another exchange if they didn't honour their previous commitment. If anyone didn't receive my postcard I would hope that they would let me know so I could send another one.
    Well, the good thing is that the participation rate has improved from about 60% in round 1 to about 90% or better now. When several people dropped out after round one I assumed they were non-participants, but every one of them had sent cards in round one. Conversely, several who didn't send cards in round one continued to sign up for later rounds.

Page 1 of 28 123456711 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin