Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,872   Posts: 1,583,492   Online: 1005

View Poll Results: Which option do you prefer?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • End the Postcard Exchange

2 3.57%
  • Continue as is

21 37.50%
  • Smaller discrete Groups

6 10.71%
  • Nige's fangdangled matching theory

27 48.21%
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 267891011121314151617 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    James, mine turned up ok. Slight seperation on one corner. Great print BTW!

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bastiaan View Post
    ... A few minutes ago I found a terrific cyanotype from Anupam and unfortuately only the description of James's photo. ...
    James' card made it at least to Germany without any damage and I like it alot. Unfortunately I live not near the border to the Netherlands, otherwise I would have proposed to meet to show you the card. I also got yours and like it. We have friends who are biologists and guess what - they liked especially yours

Oh, and just today Anupams cyanotype arrived - no words ...

Including mine, I received 16 cards so far. So there is alot of excitement to come

Regards
    -- Ruediger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sneaking in just under the wire, mine were dropped in the post box 5 minutes ago... Many thanks for the great cards received so far this month and for those yet to come.

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Some great cards, including one today from Justin Low. How did you do the printing on the back, and what is the paper?

Tom

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kershaw View Post
    How did you do the printing on the back, and what is the paper?

Tom
    A couple of years ago, I did a project for a friend where I took a bunch of photos of her and she wanted to make a calender for her husband. My initial thought was to print the images on RC, and then run the prints through an inkjet or laser printer to print the calender grids on the back of each print - then have the whole thing spiral or comb bound. I learned two things from that experience:
    1) It is not possible for a computer to print on the back of an RC print - it is like trying to get a vampire to eat roasted elephant garlic.

2) At the time both Kodak and Ilford made both photo and inkjet paper. Neither company had anybody in either their digital nor analog groups who were aware of the existence of the other.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Today I received three more prints. James for a quick shut it is amazingly sharp image,BTW card came in in one piece. Thanks Bastiaan I like your image it is very natural.What film and developer are you using?What camera did you use?Jim Bradley Another Hassy user, Great image.

Cheers Greg
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster6X6 View Post
    Today I received three more prints. James for a quick shut it is amazingly sharp image,BTW card came in in one piece. Thanks Bastiaan I like your image it is very natural.What film and developer are you using?What camera did you use?Jim Bradley Another Hassy user, Great image.

Cheers Greg
    Mine are in the mail. Once you see the card, you will know why I had to stop for gas.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie View Post
    Mine are in the mail. Once you see the card, you will know why I had to stop for gas.
    Ah... The card I received from you several weeks ago was from the 7th exchange?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hello All,

Three more postcards arrived over the last few days. One from Jeffeb with an interesting subject and unusual viewpoint. Nice shot and great print, thanks. Thanks also to Justin for the street scene. I like the depth and contrasting shapes. Finally a great portrait again from Mick Fagan, I really like the lighting.

Looking forward to those still to come, great round this.

Regards Daniel

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Last nights mail had a B&W postcard with a very interesting composition of a japanese style screen, a teapot and tea cups in front of it. But the print looked a bit strange. Flipped it over and was very confused until my wife told me that it was not from the postcard exchange - but had been sent by a local gallery to publicize a new opening

Strange how you grab all the postcards in the mail, toss everything else aside as junk, and then find an intruder!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin