Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,668   Online: 1173

View Poll Results: Which option do you prefer?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • End the Postcard Exchange

2 3.57%
  • Continue as is

21 37.50%
  • Smaller discrete Groups

6 10.71%
  • Nige's fangdangled matching theory

27 48.21%
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4891011121314151617 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Greg, I used a Mamiya 645 and 150mm lens. Film was Delta 400 in XTOL 1:1 for 11mins @ 20C. Didn't record exposure... even though it was moving relatively slow, it was too fast for me to write the details down!

Art got a cyanotype cause I had one suitable for sending, just need to find some time to create enough of them to send everyone one!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Aggie,

Your card came yesterday. Did the gas station have something to do with the Robert Hall incident?

Tom.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nige, wouldn't that be about 10 knots, with 5 knots being effective speed, coz it's going upstream?

Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mick, got the direction right, no idea of the speeds though, althought 5 sounds high for the river.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kershaw View Post
    Aggie,

Your card came yesterday. Did the gas station have something to do with the Robert Hall incident?

Tom.
    I thought I was the only one who would forever tease Robert about that. No robert would have had to make it from Salt Lake City area to Southern Utah via California. He was lost but not for long enough for him to make it near Sacramento. Right behind those tall weeds, is the Sacramento River right before it flows into the East Bay of San Francisco. Sadly not long after I got that shot, it was turned into a kioske to promote a nautral foods dehydrated store that is across the roadway from it. It wa painted bright floresent pink and purple, with wild lettering. The gas pump is gone as is the sign. It's an eye sore today, not even fit for color pictures.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Mine went in the post today -- sorry about the delay. October seemed to whiz by.

I've received 18 excellent cards so far -- another 10 to come. For some reason, the post offices of the world have handled my cards with kid gloves on. All of them have been received in near mint condition. James' card is perfect. Makes up for previous rounds!

Many thanks to everyone.

Cheers

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Today is Friday and I got another three cards. Aggie Post office stuck paper code ribbon over your writing so card came with only Aggie on the back.What camera did you use it has very contrasty lens? I think next one is from Derek Lovely pair of flowers ,sorry I don't know what they are the name escapes me. Birger A Has send a nice card with very unique perspective/interesting view. I like them all Thanks guy's

Greg
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I thought I'd start the trend and I posted my Polaroid Transfer Postcard in the gallery.

Also this week, I received GAS from Aggie ( ), I wish I were in Spain from the postcard from BirgerA, and Kevin sent a nice image of a fence post in Australia.

Thanks, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Following Art's lead I have posted the three images I sent.

I have recieved 16 great prints do far. SWMBO has also greatly enjoyed viewing these.

Small point for Derek. I got your wonderfully Lily (?) print but you are not on my list to send a card to. Wasn't it supposed to be set up as I send You send match up? If I'm in error please let me know and I'll send something off to Derek.

BWKate, I'm out of town this coming week but if you want to see this round in person PM me and we'll setup a meeting.

JGB

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello Jim,

Just PM'd you before I saw this post. Sounds great! Would love to. Let me know when you're back and we'll set something up.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin