Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,711   Posts: 1,548,661   Online: 1162

View Poll Results: Which option do you prefer?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • End the Postcard Exchange

2 3.57%
  • Continue as is

21 37.50%
  • Smaller discrete Groups

6 10.71%
  • Nige's fangdangled matching theory

27 48.21%
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    yep, each round when you sign up you'd nominate how many cards you wanted to swap. Based on previous feedback, I can see the majority opting in for the maximum, but actually getting a few less due to the few that want to do a limited number. I've run this with our full list of 50 odd people nominating a few with limits, and the 'Max' ones all came out in the mid to high 40's.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As I am limited to printing using tubes, 50 postcards would be brutal :rolleyes: .

The opportunity to limit my involvement to something like 16 or 24 would make it workable for me.

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would vote for 25 postcards to be my limit.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would prefer the current option to continue. Yes, it does represent a small investment in time and money to produce say 50 cards, but I have had great fun in receiving the cards for round 7. I may however need to sit Round 8 out as I'll probably be moving house in October and sending to the right address might get confusing.

YMMV

Tom.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kershaw
    I would prefer the current option to continue. Yes, it does represent a small investment in time and money to produce say 50 cards, but I have had great fun in receiving the cards for round 7. I may however need to sit Round 8 out as I'll probably be moving house in October and sending to the right address might get confusing.

YMMV

Tom.
    Just make sure that Nige has your correct address when he sends us the list. Should be no worries with the mailings then.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Nige
    I would like to have about 50 cards or opt for your #4 option.

Greg
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nige,

I say we cut our losses and move on. There hasn't been a postcard from the last round in several weeks, I am not expecting anymore. I predicted a 10%-20% deadbeat rate and have resigned myself to that fact in all the exchanges. It's just part of human nature in general.

Let's get the next round going and cull the ones that haven't sent out postcards from the last rounds. Catering to the "slow and weak", who are in the minority, is bad for all. Just a suggestion.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart
    Nige,

I say we cut our losses and move on. There hasn't been a postcard from the last round in several weeks, I am not expecting anymore. I predicted a 10%-20% deadbeat rate and have resigned myself to that fact in all the exchanges. It's just part of human nature in general.

Let's get the next round going and cull the ones that haven't sent out postcards from the last rounds. Catering to the "slow and weak", who are in the minority, is bad for all. Just a suggestion.

Regards, Art.
    Agree.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Art, This is the only time I haven't gotten my postcards out on time. In fact I'm going to No. Utah this Friday and will be printing a few rounds. That should cover this one coming up, and the last one. Thanks for calling me a deadbeat. Many from the beginning of the postcard exchange know I was the one who kept sending them out no matter what, and still hold the record for the most cards ever sent.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ok, disscussion time is up and since it's a close run Poll with some swinging votes, I'm going to give Option 4 a try so that a few people who've not participated due to the volume previously, can.

So, please send me (email nigel@apug.org ) your desire to participate and how many cards you'd like to swap. If you want the maximum, indicate 'Max'. If I've already got your postal details, no needto re-send unless theye've changed.

New peoples,

I need
    - APUG Name
    - Real Name and Postal Address
    - working email
    - Number of cards to swap (Max means as many as matched with)

My u-beut database will email the matches to you so I must have that aspect right. I'll do a test msg 1st just to make sure.

Two weeks to reply and be included. I'll email those who've already joined Rnd8 to get their swap numbers, and keep and updated list in this thread to show I've recorded your interest.

Cheers, Nige
    Last edited by Nige; 09-13-2006 at 04:48 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin