Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,817   Online: 707

View Poll Results: Which option do you prefer?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • End the Postcard Exchange

2 3.57%
  • Continue as is

21 37.50%
  • Smaller discrete Groups

6 10.71%
  • Nige's fangdangled matching theory

27 48.21%
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart View Post
    ... Hey Nige: How many cards are we suppose to get? I assume that everyone will receive a different quantity, right?
    I would assume that you will get as many cards as are on your match list. So everyone who will receive a card from you will also send a card to you. At least that is my understanding of Nigels matching algorithm.

I printed my cards yesterday and labeled them today. Tomorrow one of those cards will be on its way to your mailbox. Let's see how long a card needs from Germany to the US.

Regards
    -- Ruediger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    yep, all things being equal*, you should get a card from everyone on your list.

* factors include :
    matching was accurate
    postal system doesn't loose them
    mailman doesn't take a fancy to one and souvenir
    we have no deadbeats

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just wanted to let everybody from my group know my cards are in the mail. Looking forward receiving mail again
    Thanks Nige

Greg
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I printed the last 11 of mine and they will go in the mail on my drive to work in the morning. Oh, yeah, wonder of wonders, I remembered to *sign* these!

- Randy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The balance of mine went out today and I received my first one for this round, from Tom Kershaw, quite nice.

Although I'm having an interesting time, working out if there is a particular way it should be viewed!

Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Card horizontal, with the "access structure" to the left.

Tom.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    ok so i know there has to be an easy way, but how do you subscribe to a thread? I'm either blind or something. am i missing something. Sorry to invade the sent and received conversations, but i want to subscribe to this thread, so this is where i'm posting this.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Tommy,

First, be sure that you are logged in. Go to the top of the thread and click on the 'Thread Tools' button (right side in the grey bar) and select 'Subscribe to this thread'.

- Randy

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I got my first card today, a really nice print of Bok Tower. Based on the post office stamp I assume it is from Randall. Thanks very much, I really like it!
    Which APUG User ID are you? Nige, could you maybe provide a list of the APUG names to match the list of human names you sent out?
    Cheers,
    Hal

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hal9000 View Post
    ... Which APUG User ID are you? Nige, could you maybe provide a list of the APUG names to match the list of human names you sent out?
    Hi Hal,

the last column of the address list sent out by Nigel contains the APUG user name.

And BTW: Thanks for the 'Berlin look through'. I do not know if this was your intension, but if this is in Berlin, then it reminds me somehow to the German government. The different meanings of the German word 'Durchblick' came immediately into my mind. Unfortunately this word play does not translate well into English.

Regards
    -- Rüdiger

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin