Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,673   Online: 1160

View Poll Results: Which option do you prefer?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • End the Postcard Exchange

2 3.57%
  • Continue as is

21 37.50%
  • Smaller discrete Groups

6 10.71%
  • Nige's fangdangled matching theory

27 48.21%
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster6X6 View Post
    ... Very nice lens Rudiger. Thank you very much. It reminds me of time I spent in Berlin in late sixties and begining of seventies.
    Thanks Greg,

unfortunately it is not my own lens. So now I know that my cards might have gone by airmail, I forgot to tell this to the lady at the post office and without airmail they may take four weeks to go over the ocean.

So you were in Berlin some time, so then I understand where you got all the pieces of the still you sent along to me

Hey, I got 8 cards so far and I like them all without wanting to judge which I like best. Maybe the most interesting is the one sent by Art (gr82bart) because it is so different from all the other cards and done using a process which I never heard about.

So maybe Art, please correct me if I am wrong, with your slide printer you copied a Kodachrome 64 35mm slide to a Polaroid and then transferred this to the paper? Can you do this with all polaroid films?

Anyway, this is so much fun, Nige, count me in for the next round.

-- Ruediger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rst View Post
    Maybe the most interesting is the one sent by Art (gr82bart) because it is so different from all the other cards and done using a process which I never heard about.
    Hi Ruediger,

Thank you for the kind words. I try to be different. Although I thought Polaroid Transfer is quite a common and well known process. Check out these websites for more information on the process:
    http://www.polaroid.com/global/movie...=1161522365497
    http://www.alternativephotography.co...transfers.html

So maybe Art, please correct me if I am wrong, with your slide printer you copied a Kodachrome 64 35mm slide to a Polaroid and then transferred this to the paper?
    Yes, that is what I did.

Can you do this with all polaroid films?
    I have used this process using only 669 and 59 films. According to someone, who's name I can't remember right now, any of the films ending in "9" can be used.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hello All,

A number of very nice 'cards have just arrived.

i. A nice still life from hal9000, simple everyday objects seen as a special thing

ii. Great abstract from Art, tremendous skill and a fantastic result thanks.

iii. Thanks Donald for the architectural subject. I've had a go at sepia but yours is much more subdued, really nice

iv. Very emotive still life from Buster 6x6, Captured the officer class perfectly.

v. Your busker is nice too, thanks Mick

vi. Mark's Kodobromide conjures up old gangster films, I enjoyed this one. Thank you.

vii And last but not least the big tower another interesting piece of architecture. Thanks whoever you are.

Regards Daniel

Shooter
    Multi Format
    that's it I've finally got all my cards posted. Postcards to UK addresses were sent on Saturday, whilst cards to the rest of the world were sent today when the Post Office was open.

thanks to everyone for the cracking cards received so far,

Brian

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Mine just went off in the post now. I've received several great cards from rst, Art, Ray Heath, and Mark to name a few.
    Many thanks,
    James

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Another three came today

Thanks Donald for St.Mark's Cathedral , Randy very nice image of Edward Bok tower( what film and developer did you use?) And unique Polaroid transfer from Art. Thank you all.

Cheers Greg
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Daniel: The tower was mine - forgot to sign some of them :P

Greg: Thanks for the kind words. I used FP4+ and Rodinal 1:100. The light was kind of flat so I used the time listed on the Dev Chart rather than altering it for contrast. This was printed with a #3 filter so I should have boosted the contrast a bit in development...

- Randy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Randy, This exchange looks like it will be even better that first one I joined.

Greg

Buster6X6

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

One more

I received a very nice portrait from down under today. Thanks Mick.

Keep them coming.

Cheers Greg

Buster6X6

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Printed, labelled, mailing tomorrow

I've gotten all postcards printed, labelled and heading for the post office tomorrow am.
    I printed 3 different images. After awhile I post them on the gallery, but I don't want to "spoil" the surprises yet
    I've received 6 great images so far can't wait for the rest.
    Regards,
    Jim Bradley

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin