Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,759   Posts: 1,516,012   Online: 919

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

I'm in again

I enjoyed the last one and look forward to this one. Count me in for the maximum.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I'm interested in participate. My limit will be 100 postcards (I have one box of Ilford postcard paper waiting to be opened).
    Randy, I'm going to e-mail you with my real name and address.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Matt,

We can limit the number of cards however you like, the 30-35 range seems popular, but I have no problem at all with it if you would like to print 12 or 24 - no worries here.

I agree about the threads, but at this time I have no ability to do any of that, but I think that it's a good idea. I'll at least start a new post listing the participants and asking everyone to post there once the round begins on the 1st of January.

Thanks for the suggestions, and again, if you want to print a dozen or so, it's fine by me. I know that round with 50 was a real bear to keep up with (for me anyway), but I think that this round will be more like that last with around 30-45 total. Just PM me with your mailing address and the max number of cards you would like to print and I'll handle it from there.

- Randy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm still trying to decide whether to stick with it or not. The number of people who fail to meet their commitment seems to be getting larger, and this makes it very disappointing. Despite that, I have received some excellent cards this time, even if it is only about 18 out of 29.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Kevin,

I know, and it bothers me too. That's why I put in the part about not being able to join again if you don't meet your obligation. I don't think that there is any way to completely knock out the drop outs, but I thought that this method might at least reduce the number to something more manageable. I think a lot of people mean to do it, but something comes up or they can't foot the postage or whatever and end up not doing it...

It's cool either way, and I don't want to pressure you in any way, but I did want to say that you're not the only one who is concerned about drop-outs.

- Randy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm in for 24. PM sent!

That incessant whirring sound you'll hear from the Pacific northwest will be my Beseler motor base processing tube, after tube, after tube....

Now to find an interesting negative that prints "straight".

Matt

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'm in for 30. I'll PM you with my details.

I really enjoy sending and getting the cards, but I do somehow feel cheated when I don't get what I've sent. I think your way of handling it is perfect: assume you'll fulfill your obligations....if you don't, you don't get to play again until you fulfill your original obligations. I really don't know how much else you could do.

Thanks for picking this up -- Mark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Caulfield View Post
    I'm still trying to decide whether to stick with it or not. The number of people who fail to meet their commitment seems to be getting larger, and this makes it very disappointing. Despite that, I have received some excellent cards this time, even if it is only about 18 out of 29.
    Hi Randy
    My feeling is the same I don't know if my poscard offended so many people no to send there cards to me? I send 37 received less than 20.
    Count me in for 35 cards this time.

Cheers Greg
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I'm in again. Thanks to Nige for organizing a great exchange and to Randy for taking the helm.
    James

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Some will have found they had bitten off more than they could chew and some have simply not had the time/opportunity. Some cards will have disappeared in the world's postal systems. I find it hard to believe that more than a couple of people, if any, will have signed up with the deliberate intention of not sending any out.

It would help if people who could not make the deadline this time around, for whatever reason, said so and sent them out in the next few weeks. Calling people names is not going to encourage this: it just encourages them to keep their head down and keep quiet.

Having said all that, there were by far the highest number of defaults I have seen in the last round: I got about a 60% return rate and the trickle of late cards I normally get did not occur - no doubt doubly annoying to those who went to extra trouble this time around with their cards. Hopefully, disallowing defaulters from further participation will reduce the problem in future.

Cheers, Bob.

P.S. As always, if anyone didn't receive my card who should have, PM me and I will get a copy out to you (it's in the Gallery in case you couldn't read my scribbled signature on the card!).

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin