Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,237   Online: 715

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kevin, I'm positive, I send a real lot of overseas post. The stamps for export all have, "international POST" written, which is reversed out of blue.

If you don't use these stamps, then you may not have paid Australia Post enough postage to cover their charge + GST.

I believe that International post is the only post that Australia Post can refuse to take and/or deliver, if the package/letter is understamped.

For instance we send stuff to Germany and the letter charge is $1.80. Using International POST stamps that is all we pay, if we used normal postage stamps, the cover value of the stamp has to be $1.98.

International stamps cannot be used internally, no GST has been paid.

Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well, there you go. You learn something every day. Thanks, Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, I've just learnt that the real reason for having negs that print straight is so that you can print 30 postcards in an evening

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart View Post
    Looks like the count of sign ups to date is around 18 which I think is good. A small number.
    I think 19 is a much better number, so I'll join in again for the maximum.

For those who are a bit daunted by printing 20 or 30 cards, it's not too bad if you print them all at once and then develop them in batches.

How I do it is I have two old empty print boxes. I count out the required number of sheets and place them in one box. Expose each sheet of paper, putting the exposed sheet back into the other box. At the end of the printing stage, I use 10x12in trays which will take 4 Ilford postcard prints without overlap. I develop the cards in batches of 4 moving them between dev, stop and fix as required.

I can usually churn out 30 cards in just over an hour, even with a bit of burning in. Also, try and keep your exposures short. I try and use a base exposure of about 5 seconds. Usually, working out the correct exposure takes me longer than printing 30 cards.

Cheers

Mike

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeg
    ... For those who are a bit daunted by printing 20 or 30 cards, it's not too bad if you print them all at once and then develop them in batches.
    Is there another way to do it?

Regards
    -- Ruediger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm thinking of joining this time (I've been wanting to ever since I saw there was such a thing as a "postcard exchange"), but I really don't want to "over-commit". Reading through the posts, seeing numbers of 20-30 postcards... No, that's too much for me. I'm willing to commit to 10, max. If that's no problem, and if I'm still in time, I'll PM my details later this week.
    Last edited by kraker; 12-13-2006 at 03:37 AM. Click to view previous post history.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Here are the people that have sent me their real-world names and mailing addresses so far (24 to date!)

ingobohn
    Bob F.
    Chuck1
    bmccarthy007
    Black Dog
    eric
    blackmelas
    Buster6X6
    Mark Fisher
    gr82bart
    MattKing
    PepMiro
    Don Grindstaff
    jeffeb
    timeUnit
    BirgerA
    rst
    Pete H
    BWKate
    TimVermont
    Mick Fagan
    simulatordan
    reellis67

If you would like to be in on this round, and I encourage anyone who is interested to give it a try, please PM or email me with your name and mailing address so that we know where to send postcards. If you email, please include your APUG user name as well so I know who you are. Thanks!

- Randy

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kraker View Post
    I'm thinking of joining this time (I've been wanting to ever since I saw there was such a thing as a "postcard exchange"), but I really don't want to "over-commit". Reading through the posts, seeing numbers of 20-30 postcards... No, that's too much for me. I'm willing to commit to 10, max. If that's no problem, and if I'm still in time, I'll PM my details later this week.
    10 is no problem - there are others who are not printing the entire amount this round as well, so don't worry about it. You should have seen the round where there were 50 of us! Man, I printed my butt off on that round. It was after that when the option to print less than the total number was added to the exchange. Just PM me your name and mailing address so we know where to send cards sometime before the end of December and I'll get you on the list.

Once everyone has sent me their info and the first of January comes around I'll send out the address for everyone to send cards to.

- Randy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks so much Randy for taking on the postcard exchange! And a big thank you to Nige for doing such a great job before that!

You guys Rock!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Randy,

I'd like to join Round 9 of the postcard exchange now Darkroom 1.5 is up and running. I'll send you a PM.

Tom.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin