Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,977   Posts: 1,523,670   Online: 1199

Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161721 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I keep each round in it's own separate box. Some people have made some interesting displays. Take a look at the postcard threads. There was a post and a photo of how someone (I forget who, maybe Art remembers) displayed their postcards and it looked very spiffy! Maybe later I'll look for the post.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm impressed by the number of people who have already posted cards. I haven't checked my mail box for a few days, so I'm looking forward to it. Yesterday I finally had not so much a brainwave, as it was pretty obvious, about what to shoot for this round. It's a subject I've wanted to shoot for nearly 26 years. In 2003 I shot this subject for the first time, in Phoenix, but not very successfully. It's a subject I'm extremely familiar with. In 2004 I very nearly had the opportunity to shoot this subject away from its natural environment. So, on Saturday I'll be trying again. Then hopefully next week I'll get the results I want in the darkroom.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HowardDvorin View Post
    I have another question. I would like to display these cards. Can anyone make any suggestions?
    Hi Howard
    What I have done is I bought a over size ring folder for which you can buy Clear plastic 4X6 inserts(4 x pro page). So now when I am showing them you can see front as well as back of the print.
    Thanks guys for favorable comments on my entry.
    Today I received two more prints Thanks to Chris Pendino from round #8 Very nice corner post and fishing boat hull from Tim Kershaw both prints are border less maybe I should try it next time, good detail and tonality.

Cheers Greg
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HowardDvorin View Post
    I have another question. I would like to display these cards. Can anyone make any suggestions?
    Howard,

I found the thread that has a couple of photos of how their postcard collections are displayed. Go to the thread labelled Postcard Exchange Round #6 and then go to Page 4. Nige had a very cool attachment of his display and David Goldfarb also had a photo in the thread of how he displays his cards.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster6X6 View Post
    Tim Kershaw

Cheers Greg
    Tom Kershaw

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hello All,

The last of mine went into the post today.

Regards Daniel

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just want to mention that I will send cards to everyone on the list, but will do this late in the month. Things have been busy in many ways.

Thanks for your patience.
    Be careful his bow tie is really a camera
    timeUnit

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Four more cards received the last few days.
    Rüdiger, amazing detail in the structure of the cathedral, and very nice shadows.
    Greg: I'm sure you could print 100 or 1000 of those and sell them as real postcards to a store. The sign, the two guys looking away, the look on their faces: it all fits. Brought a smile to my face, thanks.
    Mark Fisher: well, the picture from Greg already put a smile on my face, but seeing yours, my smile only got bigger Such a happy photo. The big, happy, shiny (nice reflections) bee's face, and the "peace sign" fingers just next to it, brilliant. Really, this makes me think... Sure, I have walked around on some fairs with the camera, but I guess I would have completely "overlooked" such an opportunity. Glad to see you didn't miss it.
    PepMiro: great view, great composition. These are the shots I can never take if I just stay in the Netherlands (flat, flat, flat). Looks like a quite wide-angle lens, looking at the typical "distortion" of the left pole. I like it.

That's my update for now. Just wondering, by the way... I've posted my cards about a week ago, if I remember well... did anybody receive one yet? (Or should I start to worry?:rolleyes: )

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry TomIt was a typo. Thanks for pointing it out to me.

Two more cards came today. Thanks to Mark Fisher and Busy Bee as already mentioned the "V" sign steels the show very nice.
    Matt King with a oversize print of a Fraser River mouth very nice stain color. And I guess a wheel on a postal machine made a scratch just above the four polls, my wife looked at the print and said is that a "UFO"? It sort of looks like UFO.

Very nice showing so far, great exchange, great photographs.

Greg
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wow,

I got home last night after a long weekend away and I was pleasantly surprised by a pile of postcards on my door mat. I've now got twelve in total. Thanks everyone.

I've received cards from the following people (in no particular order): Mark Fisher, Mick Fagan, Greg (Buster 6X6), Joseph (PepMito), Matt King, Chris Pandino, Pete H, Ruediger, Jacco de Kraker (kraker), Tom Kershaw, Ingo and Tim Trapp. Too many I'm afraid to pass comment on in one post but I like them all, thanks. I have a couple of questions though:

Greg,

you took this shot using Ilford Pan 400. The Pan range of films are not widely available in the UK (understatement). What do you make Pan 400? How does it compare to HP5 Plus for example? The reason I ask is I noticed that this and it's lower speed relation were the only B&W films available in Hungary?

Mick,

stunning resolution in this shot. I'd be interested in knowing what equipment you used to take it? Did you use a tripod?

oh and Ingo you might like to know that your labels only just survived the trip. They are definately in danger of comming off completely.

Good shots everyone

Thanks for the nice comments,

Brian

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin