Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,545   Posts: 1,544,450   Online: 1032

Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2678910111213141516171822 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kraker View Post
    PepMiro: great view, great composition. These are the shots I can never take if I just stay in the Netherlands (flat, flat, flat). Looks like a quite wide-angle lens, looking at the typical "distortion" of the left pole. I like it.
    Yes... it's a quite wide angle: 58mm Super Angulon XL with a 4x5 negative.
    Thanks for your comments,
    Josep

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Received 3 postcards today!

PeteH:Beautiful shadows on the pathway. Gorgeous! Where was it taken, a park somewhere?

Mark Fisher: Hilarious photo of a busy bee ride! Made me laugh out loud! Laughed again when I saw the peace sign!

rst: Incredible range of tones in the speyer dom shot. Just awesome!

Thanks!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Came home to six new cards today from the following:

Tom Kershaw's Boat Hull, Mick Fagan's summer solstice; Pep Miro's Cassamanya's Peak; Buster6x6's Customers Needed; Rudiger Stobbe's cathedral; and, Pete H's Akershus Festning.

Thank you all for sending them---they are a joy to look at and I like them all. My wife and I are trying to come up with a way to display these; she thought that placing them in a large "French Style" photo display(s) and devoting some wall space for them might do. It's so nice to see some photos from APUGERs that are not on a computer monitor. Thanks.

I'll just comment on Rudiger's cathedral shot because it looks really nice, giving it being a handheld shot at 1/15th and great tones to boot.

Chuck

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good to see my cards have arrived across the pond. Greg, I wasn't cross. Received your card yesterday (if I remember correctly), fantastic. What business were / are they in?

Tom.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I forgot to mention that I got all my cards in the mail today.

Chuck

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Tom
    For street photography it was the right moment. Already next minute they have turn there heads around and it would not have been a picture worth taking. I do not know if they new I took those pictures because it was a lot of photographers around. Also I don't remember what kind of business there were in. It was a wonderful outing, and Les was so easy to talk to. Great teacher.

Thanks for the comment Greg
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffeb View Post
    Wow,

Greg,

you took this shot using Ilford Pan 400. The Pan range of films are not widely available in the UK (understatement). What do you make Pan 400? How does it compare to HP5 Plus for example? The reason I ask is I noticed that this and it's lower speed relation were the only B&W films available in Hungary?

Brian
    Hi Brian

I have not used my 35mm camera in over two years. Thinking for street photography I would need faster shutter speed and if overcast 400 speed film. So I reached into my freezer and grabbed a film that has long expired.
    This is the only time I used this film so no experience at all. I would say looking at the negatives I wish I had HP-5. Maybe the Pan 400 would work better with some other developer?

Cheers Greg
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BWKate View Post
    Received 3 postcards today!

PeteH:Beautiful shadows on the pathway. Gorgeous! Where was it taken, a park somewhere?
    Thanks Kate. It was taken in the grounds of the castle in Oslo (festning is Norwegian for fortress). There has been a castle there since around 1300, with numerous additions and modifications over the centuries, so it's full of historical associations and in fact the military still use some of the buildings. Josep (Pep Miro) commented on the "calm sensation". I agree - it is a very peaceful atmosphere there, but it's been through some very un-peaceful episodes in the past.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hello All,

Four more cards have arrived.

Mark Fisher: Busy Bee ride. So! Felix is alive and living in Walworth County? A real blast from the past. Great fun, and well presented.

Tim Trapp: Rusty Truck. Another close encounter which made me search for understanding. I like this kind of shot: and this is a good one.

Buster6X6: Talk about 'seize the momment'. Teriffic shot, made by the close proximity of the sign. Good tones too.

Mick Fagan: Dramatic shot, full of textures. Interesting chose of filter too.

Thanks to all keep them coming.

Regards Daniel
    Last edited by simulatordan; 01-17-2007 at 06:27 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: spelling

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mark Fisher's card arrived today. What a fun shot! The reflection in the nose adds to it.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin