Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,091   Posts: 1,635,948   Online: 839

Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 37891011121314151617181923 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Rudiger Your card arrived today. I really like the tonal values of the print and the coulomb detail on the left side of the print especially taken at 1/15 of a second . Well done. I never used Spur SLD or Separol NE it looks a good combination.

Gruss Greg
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HowardDvorin View Post
    I have another question. I would like to display these cards. Can anyone make any suggestions?
    In a previous round somone mentioned that they got a postcard display rack from a store closing and put all the APUG postcards in it in for visitors to browse through. I've wanted to do this too, but I can't seem to find one that is not way over priced. I would make one, but my total free time right now is somewhere in the negative numbers...

- Randy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Received a whole bunch of new cards in the last couple of days:

Tom Kershaw: nice almost abstract detail from a Fishing Boat Hull - and the post office decided to get into the act, by adding even more detail . Surprisingly, they work together.

Greg - Buster 6x6: a timeless photo - "Customers Needed" could have been taken in almost any year in the last 60 (although the haircuts are probably too short for the 1970s and 1980s).

Mark Fisher: The "Busy Bee ride" photo definitely made me chuckle - although I confess I didn't notice the "V" signal at first. Also, although it seems to be possible, I just can't quite pick up Mark's reflection on that shiny nose!

Pete H.: "Aberhus Festuing" - wonderfully evocative image with nice, meaty shadows and a remarkeable lack of flare given that the image of the sun is right there; and

BWKate: That image of the railing just sings. Who says what hapens (is seen) in Las vegas, stays in Las Vegas .

All are great, and are much appreciated.

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Received Tom Kershaw: 's postcard of a boat hull. Very nice texture. There was this black loopy pattern to the left of the hook thing (can you tell I'm not a boat person) and I kept looking at it thinking that it was a smudge made by the post office but I think it's in the original! Couldn't figure it out for awhile.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I've been offline for a while but I posted my cards on Jan 15. I'm checking today from an internet cafe without all the cards that I have been receiving but let me say that I wait with anticipation every day for the 11:00 delivery.
    Thanks,
    James

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    My ten postcards are going in the mail today. I coated ten sheets of paper with cyanotype emulsion but ended up getting only 8 good prints. It seems that due to the midwinter sun my exposures ended up being 12 minutes vice 6 in summer. Coffee toning then takes another hour or so. I still was not happy with the exposure on the good prints, but had only so much time and sun to work with:^) I ended up sending two different images that I had previously printed to make the full ten. I apologize to the two that didn't get the coffee toned cyanotype, and sorry I could make enough prints for everyone.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Salmonoid View Post
    My ten postcards are going in the mail today. I coated ten sheets of paper with cyanotype emulsion <snip> the coffee toned cyanotype, and sorry I could make enough prints for everyone.
    Wow, there will be 10 very lucky people. Even if I am not one of them, thanks so much for being so dedicated and generous.

Reefards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Two more cards today:

Simulatordan: I love the geometrical composition. Do you see much difference on the Ilford RC with Cooltone dev versus other neutral/warmtone developers? Just asking because I've found it hard to make much difference.

James (Blackmelas): Wow - the tones! Stunning. It sounds as though you've worked hard to get there, but the end result is tremendous.

I wish I'd been involved in earlier exchanges, with all these great cards coming

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster6X6 View Post
    ... I never used Spur SLD or Separol NE it looks a good combination.
    Yes, Spur SLD gives me more speed for the HP5. Although I like HP5 in Perceptol (my second combination) more, SLD gives nice and sharp results.

Thanks for your comments and your card
    -- Ruediger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Received a whole bunch of new cards in the last couple of days:

Tom Kershaw: nice almost abstract detail from a Fishing Boat Hull - and the post office decided to get into the act, by adding even more detail . Surprisingly, they work together.

Matt
    What details might those be?

Tom.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin