Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,290   Posts: 1,535,381   Online: 824

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast
    rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Maybe because of earlier exchanges the postman already knew about where to put a black and white postcard that does not look like usual postcards

Regards
    Ruediger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by kraker View Post
    ...what is the best suggestion if I just want to write on the back of the cards? ballpoint, felt tip, or just: don't, use a label?
    I like writing the postcards as it does have a more personal touch. However, writing thirty odd cards can get a bit tiring. I also have to print a couple of extra to allow for mistakes.

When it comes to pens, well there's a question. I've tried every felt tip that I own, and that's quite a few, and they all bleed into the paper base. Some are definitely better than others though. When using a ball pen the writing is clear but I found it can leave indentation marks on the print side of the card.

Labels allow you to address the cards quickly and error free, however they can come adrift and I've noticed a slightly higher proportion of labeled cards arrive damaged.

So, you pays your money and takes your choice. I don't think there is a correct or "better" way of addressing your cards. It's whatever you feel happiest doing.

Brian

Shooter
    35mm
    Holy shit...! "rst" already told me that the adress label seems to stick not well on the back of the postcard and might fall off... Hope that most of the postcards will receive the participants.
    How "kraker's" card hit his postbox without address label seems strange.

My pic was shot on Sunday morning during a walk through Dresden after having a portrait session with my friend's cousin in one of the numerous baroque gardens the day before. Doing these Sunday morning photos was - compared to the portrait session on Saturday - very recreative for me.
    -ibo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ingobohn View Post
    Holy shit...! "rst" already told me that the adress label seems to stick not well on the back of the postcard and might fall off... Hope that most of the postcards will receive the participants.
    How "kraker's" card hit his postbox without address label seems strange.
    I suppose it must have happened close to its destination... But I checked the front of the house, no sign of a label there. Well, maybe it's pure luck I received it on the same day as the "rusty truck" photo, and the postman just assumed both these "outdated black and white postcards " must both be delivered to the same address

My pic was shot on Sunday morning during a walk through Dresden after having a portrait session with my friend's cousin in one of the numerous baroque gardens the day before. Doing these Sunday morning photos was - compared to the portrait session on Saturday - very recreative for me.
    It's a real beauty, great composition!

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffeb View Post
    I like writing the postcards as it does have a more personal touch. However, writing thirty odd cards can get a bit tiring. I also have to print a couple of extra to allow for mistakes.
    This being my first time, I have only ten cards, so... I guess I can do them by hand. I fully understand that that becomes quite tedious as the numbers increase

(...) When using a ball pen the writing is clear but I found it can leave indentation marks on the print side of the card.
    (...) I don't think there is a correct or "better" way of addressing your cards. It's whatever you feel happiest doing.
    Thanks, I think I'll go for the ball pen and a gentle touch. Words and sentences without "i" and "j", so you don't see the dots on the printed side

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Fagan View Post
    Tom, thanks I just tried notepad, still garbage.

It was worth a try.

Mick.
    Mick,

I just resent it - let me know if it opens properly or not.

- Randy

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rst View Post
    The first postcard in the mailbox was from Ingo. I like the composition and the tonality. Looks good.

BTW, I had no trouble with the text file, since I forgot to send Randy my email address I only got the addresses as a PM

Thanks for your efforts Randy.

Regards
    Ruediger
    Sorry about sending those out as PMs. Some people have their email public in their profile and some sent it to me as part of the sign-up, so if anyone wants the list as a text file, just shoot me a PM and I'll send it right out to you. Also, if anyone else has problems opening the file, let me know and I'll re-send.

Thanks all!

- Randy

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kraker View Post
    I received the first two postcards today: Rusty Truck from Tip Trapp, and Stairs and Pillars (Dresden) from Jugo. Funny thing about the second one is that there is no address at all on it, looks like a label fell off. How it got to my address is a big mystery... :o

Thanks, both of you, two very nice prints, not messed up too much by postal services.

I've finished printing mine, but I still have to get some stamps (my post office was closed...) and I still have to write something on them. The two I received used labels; what is the best suggestion if I just want to write on the back of the cards? ballpoint, felt tip, or just: don't, use a label?
    I too like to write them out by hand, but I admit that on that one round where we had 50+ cards, I got REALLY tired of writting on postcards. I use a fountain pen, which does bleed a little bit, but I really don't like ball points for the most part. It's all part of that old fashioned thing I'm told - darkroom, shaving brush, fountain pens...

- Randy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by reellis67 View Post
    ..., I got REALLY tired of writting on postcards....
    - Randy
    Tim Trapp wins a prize for having the shortest address.
    My cards will be posted tomorrow when I can get to the Post Office. I'll apologise in advance for my writing - I just hope the postal services can read it!

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by reellis67 View Post
    Sorry about sending those out as PMs. Some people have their email public in their profile and some sent it to me as part of the sign-up, so if anyone wants the list as a text file, just shoot me a PM and I'll send it right out to you. Also, if anyone else has problems opening the file, let me know and I'll re-send.
    No, no, that was not meant as complaint, just as a joke. In your PM you already offered to also send as email, but having the addresses as PM is absolutely OK with me. Really.

Thanks and regards
    -- Ruediger

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin