Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,752   Posts: 1,515,889   Online: 1017

Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1822232425262728293031323334 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I've received Bob's postcard today. Very nice stones. Nice composition. I like blue toner very much.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by BWKate View Post
    Also received Justin Low's: very dark image of a cathedral at night. Very interesting. Where was that taken?
    Hi Kate, thanks for the compliments. It's actually a restored shophouse that was first built early in the last century. It's located in Tanjong Pagar, the area between the Business District and Chinatown in Singapore.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kershaw View Post
    Bob,

Thanks for the great card, never seen a blue toned print before. Ironically, your card was about the most damaged I received, even though it probably came the shortest distance...

btw) Is it ok for me to type your surname on APUG when referring to you?

Tom.
    That's the Post Office for you: they must have been trying especially hard as the combination of the paper and the full width labels makes for quite a durable combination... Yours needless to say, came though completely unscathed, as indeed did Art's delicate Polaroid transfer (blimey Art, these must take forever to do!).

I wonder if the state that mine arrived in compared to yours and Art's is some kind of organized artistic criticism by postal workers worldwide...

Obviously anyone who has sent a postcard or print has my surname and an address, but like many, I prefer it to not be search-able on the interweb. Just plain paranoia on my part I know, but hey, just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean .... <insert theme tune from "The Twightlight Zone" here> ...

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Kevin Caulfield: a great shot of the Pretenders in concert - the only scary thing is that Chrissie Hynde looks to be unchanged since I saw them 20+ years ago, whereas I know that I certainly don't look unchanged since 20+ years ago....

Matt
    Thanks Matt. She sure does, even up close. Same for me. When I first saw them in 1982 I was only 17, and I look a lot older now.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Because I didn't check my PO box for about two weeks, I received a mother lode the other day, 19 cards. Before those I think I had received about 6. I will try to write some comments on them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for all the postcards I have received so far - a few were stunningly beautiful prints. As I had mentioned on another thread, I was without an enlarger for quite a while and finally got a new one recently. It was a diffusion one though, so I had to spend some time coming to grips with it - the whole contrast thing. Things seems to be under control now, so my postcards finally went out today. Apologies for the delay.

-Anupam

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob F. View Post
    blimey Art, these must take forever to do!
    LOL It's actually quite quick. Since no darkroom is required to make these, watching TV while making these kills a lot of time.

I made about 150 (actually 230 if I included the defects - for another thread - long story) in one week end.

Thanks, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    35mm
    Two beautiful newcomers popped up today.
    The blue toned scenic by Bob and the grazing zebras from Donald. Thanks guys.

HowardDvorin

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just recieved Bob's atmospheric shot of the West Kennet long barrow-used to live just down the road so this was particularly appreciated.Now onto the next lot!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've received two more cards from,

kraker (thanks for sending a new one!)
    Bob F

Thanks again, to all who have contributed!
    Be careful his bow tie is really a camera
    timeUnit

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin