Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,713   Posts: 1,514,720   Online: 822

Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 19232425262728293031323334 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hello All

Four more 'cards arrived over the last week.

Kevin Caulfield the pretenders. nice candid shot

HowardDvorin Old Barn Door. This is a great shot with lots of detail and textures. Delta 100 is one of my favorite films.

Brian McCarthy Another great photograph, wrought iron and cut granite this time. Lovely work.

Bob F West Kennet Long Barrow. The blue tone certainly adds something to this shot of timeless grandure. I like it a lot.

All of the 'cards in this round have been winners. Thanks everyone.

Regards Daniel
    Last edited by simulatordan; 02-20-2007 at 04:34 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typo

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Today, I've received a great postcard: the zebras of Donald. It's superb in all aspects: good contrast, high sharpness and nice composition. I really like it!

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Likewise-it's got a fantastic graphic quality to it, almost in lith territory.
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Received Anupam's card yesterday. Quite a powerful image and story. Thank you!

Brian
    Last edited by bmccarthy007; 02-25-2007 at 05:58 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: spelling

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When is round 9 closing; i.e. when I should stop expecting to see cards in the post?

Tom.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Most everyone, if not everyone, has sent their cards and it appears that not many have gotten lost in the mail, so I would assume that the cards for this round have either been received, or will arrive in short order. That's not to say that they won't trickle in if the sender was in another country, but I would assume for the most part that this round is just about complete.

I would like to thank everyone again - this round has been very rewarding and I greatly appreciate the amount of effort that you have all put into it. The sign-up for Round 10 will open on the 1st of March, but I will start a separate thread for it, so please don't post in this thread for that round.

I've updated the Postcard Exchange information link, and would greatly appreciate it if anyone has any further suggestions for the exchange (here's the link APUG Postcard Exchange). I've added most, if not all, of the suggestions that I've received from this round and I hope that they will make the exchange even better. Again, thank you to everyone who participated in this round for your hard work and patience.

- Randy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by reellis67 View Post
    <snip> and would greatly appreciate it if anyone has any further suggestions for the exchange (here's the link APUG Postcard Exchange). <snip>
    I've made a suggestion that for the next round everyone should send Sean a postcard in appreciation for all his work on APUG. This should be in addition to the allotment for each person (that is if a person signs up for 10, then 11 postcards are sent out - one to Sean).

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BWKate View Post
    Kraker,

Another one is on the way!
    It's been 10 days. I'll give it some more time, but it seems we've got an unreliable link between us...

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart View Post
    ... (that is if a person signs up for 10, then 11 postcards are sent out - one to Sean).
    Hey, that is a good idea. I support it.

Regards
    -- Ruediger

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart View Post
    I've made a suggestion that for the next round everyone should send Sean a postcard in appreciation for all his work on APUG. This should be in addition to the allotment for each person (that is if a person signs up for 10, then 11 postcards are sent out - one to Sean).

Regards, Art.
    It's a good idea. I just shot him a PM asking if he is OK with giving out his mailing address and if he is, I'll put it on the list of addresses for Round 10.

- Randy
    Last edited by reellis67; 02-26-2007 at 01:48 PM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin