Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,691   Posts: 1,482,391   Online: 821

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use a Sharpie with an ultra fine point and I get no smudging or running. If you have ever gotten a postcard from me well I usually write on the entire left side of postcard. And yes I did that on 46 postcards in the last round I was in. It's part of the fun for me.
    Well, I bought my stamps $40 Canadian, ouch! Not that I'm complaining. I just have to do my writing and deciding who gets what card. ( I have 3 different ones) We'll see how long it takes me.
    Last edited by BWKate; 01-07-2007 at 12:03 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: forgot pivotable word

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That's it 31 postcards are now in the hands of the good old British Post Office. If you don't get a postcard of me in the next couple of weeks send me a PM and I'll post you another.

Brian

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I've received first postcard.
    Thanks Ingo.
    It's a nice arquitechtural subject.
    Tomorrow, I'll begin to send my first ones.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    First card arrived today as you guessed it it was "Rusty Truck" from Tim Trapp Thank you very much My cards are all printed and are going out tomorrow. Next couple weeks are going to be fun.

Thanks Randy for organizing the exchange.

Cheers Greg
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    My 31 are out and on the way. I ran this image by my family and my daughter's friends and the reactions are split 25%-75% between "that's nice" to "that is a bit creepy". I think that when you 31 copies of this particular print staring back at you, it doubly creepy. I hope you enjoy it

Also, I just received Ingo's print.....very nice.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Can't wait to see it Mark! Sounds intriguing.

Received my first postcard from TimVermont (Tim Trapp). Like the close cropping of the headlight. I was there when my mail person arrived and I explained about the postcard exchange. He thought it was a great idea so he'll get to enjoy all the postcards he'll be delivering with a little bit of background information.

Mine are all printed and stamps bought. Now comes the fun part, writing on all of them. Give me a couple days.

PepMiro:

Where is Andorra? I think it's between Spain and France close to the Pyrennees? Is it a country? Forgive my ignorance but I can't wait to send you a postcard and I wonder how long it will take.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kate, Andorra is a principality situated between Spain and France.

Basically it is like Monaco, sort of.

I remember going there the first time and found that they used two currencies, the French franc and the Spanish peseta. These days I would assume they use the Euro, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Andorra is/was, home to many shops selling tax free goods to Europeans.

I know it's high up because the pass through Andorra, is higher than the highest mountain on mainland Australia.

Mick.

Shooter
    35mm
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andorra
    ...and yes, it's the Euro.
    -ibo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for that Ingo.

By the way, I'll be heading to Stuttgart via Mannheim in July, I'll wave as I pass through!

Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Fagan View Post
    Thanks for that Ingo.
    I took me a while to realise, but I do apologise for misreading the name as "Jugo", Ingo.

Anyway, I will post my 10 cards after work. So, Birger, Henning, Brian, Mark, Greg, James, another Mark, Mick, Randall and Bastiaan can expect a postcard from me soon (or depending on the distance and the postal services: not so soon).

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin