Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,669   Online: 891

Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 202425262728293031323334 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by reellis67 View Post
    I just shot him a PM asking if he is OK with giving out his mailing address and if he is, I'll put it on the list of addresses for Round 10.
    His mailing address is already public - it's in the "Subscribe/Donate" tab.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thanks Art - I didn't think to check to see if it was already public or not. I'll put a note in the address list per your suggestion.

- Randy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart View Post
    I've made a suggestion that for the next round everyone should send Sean a postcard in appreciation for all his work on APUG. This should be in addition to the allotment for each person (that is if a person signs up for 10, then 11 postcards are sent out - one to Sean).

Regards, Art.
    Very good idea Art. I am all for it.

Greg
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Another suggestion for round 10. Sorry if this has already been covered, but in previous rounds Nige used to email us a text file which automatically (somehow) merged into an Excel file so that address labels could be easily printed. If this could be done again it would be very helpful, thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This round was the best round I have been in, the standard of the prints matched the enthusiam of the participants, high.

I'm looking forward to the next round and will be printing part of my postcards next weekend.

Sending a card to Sean is also a good idea.

I would like to thank Randy for the organising of the whole shebang.

Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just when I had given up on any more cards, Anupam's arrived! The story is very well told, in the image and the text. Thanks!

Also many thanks to Randy for organising this. It's been a lot of fun and I'll be in for the next round. A card to Sean seems like a good idea too.

The Netherlands, close to the Belgian border
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great! Today I received the "back-up" card from BWKate! Thanks for sending another one. Nice one, I was thinking: why does it look so "out-of-the-ordinary"? Then I read that it was IR film, and that explained everything

I suppose that marks the end of this round for me. So, let me join the people before me in thanking Randy for organising and all of you for participating. It's been a pleasure. Looking forward to the next round!
    Last edited by kraker; 02-27-2007 at 02:38 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typo

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    35mm
    I ,too, want to join in expressing my joy in this, my first postcard exchange.
    Thanks to Randy for organizing the exchange. I am getting ready for the next one.
    HowardDvorin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You are welcome Kraker!

Another thing we used to do for previous rounds was to send a postcard to Simon Galley of Ilford to thank him for making sure that the postcard paper was still in production when there was a time it was going to be no more. Apug postcard exchangers changed Ilford's mind! Or something like that.
    Art or someone here probably knows the whole story.

Thanks Randy for your work on the exchange! Did you get the one of a kind postcard I sent you? You never mentioned it so I wasn't sure. If not I can send you another one.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ilford hadn't been manufacturing postcard stock for some time, this was noted by people here who were asking for it.

Along came Simon and joined APUG, pretty soon people were asking him for certain things, among them was postcard stock.

I decided to use one of my (then precious) postcard papers from about 10 years in my refrigerator, and sent it to Simon.

Simon noted to us that this was probably the first postcard stock to be returned to the factory, or words to that effect.

Others around the world started to send Simon a postcard or three. The rest is history and postcard stock is now once again being manufactured.

In a nutshell, that is how it came to be.

Mick.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin