Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,693   Posts: 1,482,430   Online: 776

Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ingo
    You are on my list so in 7-10 days you should be getting my card.

Herzliche Grusse von Canada - Greg
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Art, there is no need to apologize for stating your feelings. I made an assumption that turned out to based on less than all the facts and there is no reason to feel that you shouldn't say how you feel about it.

The same goes for anyone else who feels that this didn't work out the way it should have - if you are upset about this, I want to hear about it. Send me a PM, or an email, or something, and I will do whatever I can rectify the situation. The last thing I want is for people to become disenfranchised with the Exchange because of my blunder and drop out.

The main thing that I would like to establish is that everyone feels that they can speak their mind about both problems and suggestions, and that everyone understands that I will do what ever I can to make sure the Postcard Exchange remains something that people enjoy and feel good about participating in.

Ruediger (rst) has generously offered a program that will match up names and ensure that everyone who chooses to participate will be treated equitably in the next round, so this problem, and a few other things that were pointed out to me off-list, will not occur in future exchanges.

Lastly, my own cards are printed and will be hitting the mail over the next few days, so depending on where you live, you should start seeing them arrive soon...

- Randy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    One more card came in today. Very nice diagonal composition.Thank you very much Ingo. Keep them coming.

Cheers Greg
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Whoa, just offline for a few hours, and now I see I have caused quite a discussion... :o

Quote Originally Posted by rst View Post
    Hey, you are on my list, why am I not on your list?
    I share your confusion, and I didn't expect to receive cards from anybody but the people to whom I sent one... I don't (well... didn't) expect to get more than 10 cards in return for the 10 I sent, and I certainly didn't decide on the 10 with "hitting the bonanza" in mind (as gr82bart calls it), I want to be clear on that.

That being said... I *do* have a few spare prints, so if the 10 from my list all receive their print, I can send a *few* more...

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kershaw View Post
    My cards (31) sent out this afternoon. From my POV it seems reasonable to expect 31 cards in return, otherwise others are benefiting (i.e. receiving cards) when they haven't put the effort into sending the full set.
    With all respect, that last remark seems like an unfortunate choice of words. Speaking for myself, I chose to print only 10, this being my first participation in the postcard exchange. It's not a matter of "not putting the effort into sending the full set". Printing and sending 10 cards is *my* effort *this time*, just to try things out and see if I like this exchange, see how much time it costs, just get that feeling. Other will have their own perfectly valid reasons for printing less than the 31 prints. Money could be an issue, or whatever. That doesn't mean these people don't "put an effort" into this exchange.

Then again, to be clear: I share your point of view. Send 31, receive 31; send 10, receive 10.
    Last edited by kraker; 01-09-2007 at 03:58 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: rephrase a bit...

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BWKate View Post
    PepMiro:

Where is Andorra? I think it's between Spain and France close to the Pyrennees? Is it a country? Forgive my ignorance but I can't wait to send you a postcard and I wonder how long it will take.
    Andorra is a little country (about 65.000 unhabitants) placed in the middle of the Pyrenees range, between Spain and France.

It has less than 500 km2 of extension, the official language is Catalan and currency is Euro.

It's one of the oldest independent states and democracies of the world: 13th century.

The economy of Andorra is based mainly on the tourism. About 10 milion tourists visit the country every year.

This is my first postcard exchange and I'm also intrigued about how much time will my postcards need to arrive all over the world.

Best,
    Josep

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hello All,

It is a pity when what is intended to be an exchange of postcards becomes a discussion about why he has more than me. I take part because I would like others to see images which are of value to me. Comments and encouragement/advice is welcomed.

I chose to print 31 cards, If I only get 20 back then that is 20 more than if I had not taken part.

The contact with you lot, where ever you come from, is important to me in a society which is becoming increasingly egocentric.

Let's have fun and enjoy the game.

By the way mine are all printed, I'm hand writing the details and expect to have them in the post by Saturday.

Regards Daniel
    Last edited by simulatordan; 01-09-2007 at 04:46 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: spelling

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kraker,

Perhaps my statement was a bit strong. Mostly, I think it's important for people to know roughly what to expect from participating.

Hope you enjoy my card,

Tom.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Time constraints allow me to do this once a year or so, and the poverty of my handwriting forces me to use labels.

I’m grateful to Randy for organizing this. I’m happy to read that my cards are arriving and being enjoyed. Ruediger’s matching program sounds like the solution for future rounds.

I look forward to something besides bills in my mail box for the next several weeks.

For those who can't print for the full round, may I suggest putting a scan of your card into the gallery so that even those who don't get one can enjoy it?

Tim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kershaw View Post
    Kraker,

Perhaps my statement was a bit strong. Mostly, I think it's important for people to know roughly what to expect from participating.

Hope you enjoy my card,

Tom.
    Not to worry, Tom, I guess that goes for my reaction too (it being a bit strong, that is). Should have slept on it first. Anyway, I think the bottom line is that we all(?) agree here: no harm done for this round, but next rounds, clarify beforehand what people can expect. The general preference being: send "n" cards, expect to receive "n" cards.

I'm still enjoying this very much, I hope you all are.

shuttr.net

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin