Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,930   Posts: 1,585,415   Online: 998

Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678910111216 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, all of mine went out today.

I found this list to be very interesting, more so than others I have participated in. The USA and Australia were down, whilst the rest of the world was up.

This round has more countries represented, it will be interesting to see the next round.

Mick.

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    OK, mine are on their way now. And I also received two more cards today.

Thanks to Ingo, Chrins Pandino, Pete from Norway and Brian Jeffery. I like them all.

Hehe, and then there was one more card in the mailbox today, from Janet and I think this is a card from round 8. A stunning image captured with a pinhole camera - great.

And I am sorry about the discussion I caused, sorry, I was just confused about the lists, no more. I send my cards and no matter how many cards I receive, this is fun. Of course, receiving cards is also fun

Regards
    -- Ruediger

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Just real quick I would like to say that the blame for this misunderstanding rests solely on me - I had good intentions, and thought that I understood the previous system, but I made a poor judgment call, so please direct any frustration my way. No one should feel bad in any way about how they feel concerning the organization of this round, or place blame on anyone but me for how it played out. Nor should anyone feel bad about posting a question about the way the addresses were distributed.

In all future rounds I will use Ruediger's program to ensure that everyone is even on the send and receive numbers, and later today I will be updating the details of the Exchange in the locked post that Nige made a while ago so that there is something concrete that everyone can easily locate with all the details.

That said, I have gotten a couple of really nice looking cards so far, and hope to have time to get the mail (I've a rural post mailbox) sometime today and find a few more. As someone already said, it's really nice to find something other than a bill in there!

- Randy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Recieved a very interesting postcard from Ingo. Like the abtract pattern of the stairs. Thanks.

Shooter
    35mm
    Great - I got the first two cards!

1) Pete H.:
    I love that pic! It reminds me of some good times I had years ago when I was working several times for some weeks for a company near Oslo (Hagan). One damned cold December Sunday morning I visited the first (but not the last) time Akershus Festning near Aker Brygge. Although it was crowded there some times (especially at the weekends) it was a sort of peacuful location.
    I like the rays of light breaking through.
    Well, well, well, walking down the memory lane...

2) Brian Jeffery:
    The little girl is definitvely the eye catcher on your photo! And gives a contrast to the cold an monumental mill engine.
    By the way, I didn't know so far that Ilford's postcard paper is also available in pearl!?
    -ibo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ingobohn View Post

The little girl is definitvely the eye catcher on your photo! And gives a contrast to the cold an monumental mill engine.
    By the way, I didn't know so far that Ilford's postcard paper is also available in pearl!?
    thanks for the nice comments ingobohn.

I had set my camera up on a tripod and was waiting for people to walk into the shot and I couldn't believe my luck when the little girl wandered along and just stood there.

As to the pearl finish. Well, I don't normally purchase this particular finish, but I was running low on postcards so popped down to my local Jessops and was pleasantly surprised to see they had a pack. So pleased in fact I didn't notice that it was pre Harmon Technology stock (slightly different packaging) or that it was pearl. However, not to worry as the paper seems fine and I quite like the finish. Looking at the Silverprint web site it appears that pearl postcards are still available.

Brian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My 24 postcards are now in the gentle, caring hands of Canada Post!!

I didn't use the Ilford Postcard stock - I made my own, and took advantage of the fact that Canada Post has a very generous definition for what constitutes a postcard - hope the larger size doesn't create a problem for anyone.

I too have received two very nice cards - one from Ingo, the other from Tim Trapp. My wife's all keen about this too - I see a postcard album in the works.

This is fun.

Matt

The Netherlands, close to the Belgian border
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ingobohn View Post

1) Pete H.:
    I love that pic! It reminds me of some good times I had years ago when I was working several times for some weeks for a company near Oslo (Hagan). One damned cold December Sunday morning I visited the first (but not the last) time Akershus Festning near Aker Brygge. Although it was crowded there some times (especially at the weekends) it was a sort of peacuful location.
    I like the rays of light breaking through.
    Well, well, well, walking down the memory lane...

2) Brian Jeffery:
    Today I received exactly those same cards. Both very nice images indeed.

I was going to ask where in Norway the picture was taken, but I guess that's already answered by Ingo (Although it doesn't ring a bell, really). Scandinavia in general is my favourite holiday target, but Oslo is ...16 years ago. Seeing this picture makes me want to go there. Great lighting, nice long shadows, it's a beauty.

As for Brians postcard: the little girl, just enough movement in the machinery and the serene, quiet atmosphere in the rest of the frame adds up to a great composition.

Thank you both!

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Got a nice postcard from Tim Trapp in Vermont, interesting perspective on the headlight, thanks for sending it. My list contains 12 but it has my name on it too, so 11 will go out probably this coming weekend or sometime next week.

This is my first time so I wanted to do a limited number to see how it goes and I'm looking forward to it. I have to use 5x7 Ilford paper but I intend to trim down to 4x6 so there will be no white border on my cards. I have six printed so far but ran out of paper. I may have to cut an 11x14 sheet to several 5x7's to finish the remaining 5 cards. Not sure what information people are interested in knowing so I'll try to include the stuff any Apuger would like to know.

Chuck

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    On Tuesday morning received cards from:

Tim Trapp (complete with label over part of image)

Brian Jeffry (I wonder what she is thinking about?)

Chris Pandino (Good use of selective focus)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin