Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,277   Posts: 1,534,829   Online: 850

Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141519 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Yieha! Got 3 new cards today...

"Rusty Truck", Tim Trapp: Unfortunately my card is also blighted with a label and an orange barcode on the front. But nervertheless, great theme. Like it very much. Maybe a sulfur toning would support the rusty look even more.

"Fishing boat hull", Tom Kershaw: If you would have not explained it on the backside it would have been hard for me to recognize, what this is. Remember: I grew up in the mountains (Balck Forest) not at the coast. ;-)

"Krypta Speyrer Dom", Rüdiger Stobbe: XXL-Postcard! ;-) Aficionado of pearl paper finish... Great detail shot of the Krypta. Must take a look at it as soon as I am once again in Speyer. 1/15 sec free hand, wow.
    -ibo

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I got a card from Ingo today with an interesting composition of shadow and steps. Thanks.

Got my labels ready and will finish printing this weekend.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Today I received Brian's Card ( Jeffeb) Very nice shot, little girl is in a perfect position for scale and point of interest. So that's three so far
    Keep them coming.
    Cheers Greg
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

Shooter
    35mm
    Got 2 new postcards today...

"Busy Bee Ride", Mark Fisher: Brilliant detail shot. The grin ist funny, but the icing on the cake is the "victory!"-hand in the lower right corner.

"Mouth of the Fraser", Matt King: Toning fits perfect to that motif. Quiet and silent pic! Maybe cutting the right end of the river a bit stronger (so that the two piles are not that centered would be a variant!?
    -ibo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yesterday I received 3 cards!!! Couldn't get onto the computer because my son was downloading a free trial of World of Warcraft that took several hours.

I received from Buster6x6:A very cool shot from last year's apug conference of 2 fellows waiting for customers at some kind of meat or fish market. It has a timeless quality and could be from Europe.

Jeffb: A lovely shot of a small girl looking at machinery at a Science Museum. Love the scale!

MattKing: A very lovely shot of the mouth of the Fraser River which is a very special place for me. I used to live at 70th and Granville and would go to the Fraser River Park in the winter and shoot B&W. I just looked at the contact sheet from that shoot and I'm going to reprint some of them. Thanks Matt for reminding me of that special place!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Brian (Jeffb): I received your card two days ago - love the scale, and the sense of illumination.

Ingo (or should it be ibo?) and Kate: Thanks for the kind words. The postal system is amazing - West Coast of Canada to Germany in three days - the same time it takes to go to Victoria, also the West Coast of Canada .

Kate:

The site pictured is actually one arm south of the arm of the Fraser near 70th and Granville (where I too lived for a couple of years). It is south of Lulu Island (aka Richmond). The land you see in the distance is probably Westham Island. Glad the scene brought back good memories for you.

Thanks again,

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Two more cards yesterday:

Buster6x6: A beautifully concise story.

Tim Trapp: Serious rust. It reminds me of an incident at school. The student's car park held a fine collection of rust buckets held together only by love, spit and chewing gum. While we were standing around chatting a friend casually put his hand on the bonnet of a 2CV and leant on it ... he went right through.

Shame about the bar codes: on Buster6x6's it is printed directly on the image which is better than the strip of paper on Tim's :rolleyes:

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Received two cards yesterday.

"Busy Bee Ride" from Mark Fisher---the close-in perspective suits this character quite well.

"A girl and a mill engine" from Brian Jeffrey---I like this composition and the girl seems to be captivated by the movement of the wheels.

Brian, when I was in the navy from '86-'90 (after spending some time at Western Kentucky University from '82-'84 in the photojournalism school), I had a Canon A1 with motordrive and five lenses and a nice domke camera bag that was stolen from me while our ship was still stationed in Portsmouth, VA. Since the time it was stolen, around 1988, whenever I see that a photograph was taken a Canon A1, that horrible moment always comes back to me when I discovered that all my camera gear was stolen from me.

I've long since recovered from the loss and I remember how much I liked that camera system when I see that someone is using one. Nice photograph.

Chuck

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Yesterday, I received 3 more cards:

Tom (Fishing Boat Hull): Great detail and original composition. If you had'nt put the description, it would be an abstract photo.

Rüdiger (Speyer dom, krypta): Very nice architechtural subject. This forms are allways beautiful It reminds-me the Córdoba Mesquita (Spain). I like also the contrast between the part where sun arrives directly and the rest.

Pete: Great image of a scene agains the sun, that is technically very difficult. I like the sharpness and the great tonallity scale. I like also the calm sensation that transmits.

Josep

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Received Rudiger's great card a few days ago. Very sharp for a hand held f/2, 1/15 exposure, and thanks (Rudiger) for the comment.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin