Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,502   Posts: 1,543,406   Online: 755

Page 1 of 34 123456711 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Postcard Exchange: Round 9 - Comments and Results

Please use this thread to post when you got which cards and what you thought of them so that we can keep these separate from the sign-up thread. Someone recommended that on one of the previous rounds and it sounded like a good idea, so I'm implementing it this time to see how it works out.

I've begun to send out the list of recipients to everyone and should be done sometime this evening (EST), so please let me know if you have any questions or have problems getting the address list. I don't have everyone's email address, so you might get a HUGE pm with the addresses. If you get one of these monstronsities and would prefer a text file, just email me - my email should be visible by clicking on my name in this post and selecting 'Send email to reellis67'.

According to the schedule, we all have until the end of the month to get our cards printed and mailed - they don't have to make it to everyone by the end of the month, but it would be best if they did get mailed by the 31st. If you are going to be running late, please let us know so that everyone understands what is going on.

In the past, people have gotten a bit anxious when the end of the month passed and they didn't get that many cards, so as long as everyone responds back saying they will be sending theirs as we get towards the deadline, I think that things will go pretty smoothly. Please also feel free to post comments on the cards you get in this thread, and if you have a scanner, you might consider posting a scan of your own postcard in the gallery after the end of January so that everyone has a chance to see all the different cards.

Oh, yeah, don't forget to have fun!

- Randy

Shooter
    35mm
    All my postcards were mailed yesterday afternoon.
    -ibo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Holy smokes! I came home to a postcard of a Rusty Truck Light from Tim Trapp. Thank you very much.

I'll be printing all my postcards this weekend.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I'll second that Art - I'm still printing too, and was going to be finishing this weekend. My hat's off to you guys that have already got your to their recipients already!

- Randy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Randy, I have printed all of my postcards last month. I received the list of participants to post to from you, the trouble is that the list opens up as garbled mish mash.

Any chance of re-sending it in a format I can use?

I run a PC.

Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mick,

Try opening the .txt file in Notepad. Opened fine in TextEdit on the Mac.

Ingobohn,

Thanks for your excellent composition of the stairs and pillars in Dresden. I really like the diagonal line of shadows cast on the stone by the pillar. The gradient on the pillar brings an almost sci-fi quality to the image.

Tom.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Thanks for the addresses Randy, if all goes well I should be finished printing this weekend. Happy new year everyone!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tom, thanks I just tried notepad, still garbage.

It was worth a try.

Mick.

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    The first postcard in the mailbox was from Ingo. I like the composition and the tonality. Looks good.

BTW, I had no trouble with the text file, since I forgot to send Randy my email address I only got the addresses as a PM

Thanks for your efforts Randy.

Regards
    Ruediger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

two received + question

I received the first two postcards today: Rusty Truck from Tip Trapp, and Stairs and Pillars (Dresden) from Jugo. Funny thing about the second one is that there is no address at all on it, looks like a label fell off. How it got to my address is a big mystery... :o

Thanks, both of you, two very nice prints, not messed up too much by postal services.

I've finished printing mine, but I still have to get some stamps (my post office was closed...) and I still have to write something on them. The two I received used labels; what is the best suggestion if I just want to write on the back of the cards? ballpoint, felt tip, or just: don't, use a label?

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Page 1 of 34 123456711 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin