Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,766   Posts: 1,484,125   Online: 940

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_S View Post
    Warning - this reply may be seen by some as straying off topic....

Firstly Ian, Sharpie markers work well on the backs of the Ilford Postcard Paper. Another thing that I find works well is a 4B pencil.

Secondly - a rant (I hope Simon Galley is listening). A few years back, (before Harman) I had a friend who asked me to take some boudoir photos of her, and make them into a calender that she would give to her husband as a gift. My original thought was to print on RC because of how nicely it stays flat when unmounted, and to run the prints through a computer printer to print the calender grids on the backs of the prints, then spiral bind the calender. I soon discovered that there is no computer print technolgy capable of printing on the back of an RC print - even more frustrating, it was impossible to get through to someone who even understood the problem. My initial printer of choice was my Epson 1280 inkjet - it prints on transparancy material - ought to be no problem printing on the back of an RC print, nope. I called Epson, they pointed out that they made 'photo paper' which could be printed on both sides and that ought to work fine. They had no concept of what silver gelatin was. I called Ilford thinking that since they made both RC paper and inkjet paper that they would at least understand the problem, but even before they split into two companies, they might as well have been because there did not seem to be anybody there who was bilingual (A/D).

A really neat product would be an RC paper, with a non-plasticized back so that it could be written on. It would be the ideal material to make postcards and calenders out of.

Rant ends....
    It is far from perfect, but this description of what I do for postcards might help:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum179/...tml#post429330

Matt

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    PM sent. This will be the first time I've done this and I'm going to limit myself to twenty prints. Looking forward to seeing other peoples' prints.
    Last edited by Matthew Gorringe; 03-09-2007 at 11:23 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I am in for the max.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I've never done this before. In fact I just started printing. I'm in... for the max (50ish)?

On a side note, anybody know of a fixed speed easel for 4x6/postcards?

Would it be possible to convince some manufacturer/enterprising individual to make some up and do a group buy of these? It is only sheet metal... It'd be pretty cool if Ilford had one for their postcard stock.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I just wanted to post an updated total - it looks like we have about 38 people now, so just a few more than the last round at this point. I expect a few more people will join before the close of the month, so we might break 40 or so by the end. For Round 10, we've got a great mix of people from all over the world as well as both new and old participants, so the cards should be really good again this round.

Just a reminder too, if anyone wants to change the number of cards they print for this round, up or down, don't hesitate to let me know and I'll change it for you right away.

I'm really looking forward to another great round this time, thanks to everyone who has joined so far!

- Randy

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Wow 40 or more people this round ... Sounds like even more fun. And I can tell you, I already had alot of fun with the photograph I am going to send for this round.

Regards
    -- Ruediger

Shooter
    35mm
    ...well, had lotsa fun too.
    -ibo

Shooter
    35mm RF
    A friend introduced this to me a couple of days back. It sounded fun, so I would like to participate in this exchange. No limits for me, please.

- Samad
    Last edited by Samad Asad; 03-18-2007 at 11:42 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Has anyone had any luck finding postcard paper? I have about 30 sheets left and I used to buy from J&C....since J&C is out of commission for now, I tried B&H....no luck....finally, I tried Adorama and they have it on back order. Does anyone out there have another US source?

Thanks -- Mark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm in, no limit.
    Be careful his bow tie is really a camera
    timeUnit

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin