Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,697   Posts: 1,669,707   Online: 842

Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2678910111213141516171822 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thank you to everyone who has sent postcards, I've received about 6 so far; my favourite at this stage is Robert Young's one.

It's such a thrill to be receiving them from all over the world, my wife thinks its the best thing I've done with my photography in some time and is getting the rejects to send to her friends.

I'll be sending mine out on Monday morning, I just hope they get to people without too much damage.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster6X6 View Post
    Thanks to Matt King very nice Lamp Post? " Did I guess right Matt?"Or is it a flying saucer projecting a beam down to earth??? I don't Know.
    Very nice paper Matt, subdued shine, never used Polymax before.
    Cheers Greg
    Folks: Greg guessed right, so the first guess wins. Not that there is a prize .

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PepMiro View Post
    My cards are already sent. They are a photo of the ruins of a city (Belchite) that in the Spanish civil war, in 1937, was intensivelly bombed and most of unhabitants were killed.
    After 70 years, ruins remain nearly in the same situation.
    I hope you'll like it!
    I received this sobering image today. Well done Pep.
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. In velit arcu, consequat at, interdum sit amet, consequat in, quam.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm returning from a 6 week shoot in Japan on Monday afternoon. Looking forward to seeing the postcards that have probably accumulatedin my mailbox.
    Will be recovering for a couple of days and then printing up mine to send out asap.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've mailed out all non-US postcards on Friday, and will sent the rest out on Monday. This exchange is a lot of fun, and the rest of the family is interested in seeing what's coming in the mail next. I have 8 or so already, and aside from one they've all arrived in great shape.
    "OK, I'll tell you... but I'm not gonna listen!"

- my 5 y.o. son

My Flickr Photo's

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Four more this week. Thanks so much to:

Mark Fisher for his scaaaary face from a country fair - very cool
    Donald Grindstaff's cat palying with one of three bunnies
    Randy Libersky's interesting image of a very good looking woman reviewing engineering plans
    Gord Robinson (? can't read the writing) sent a decent postcard from Japan

Again, thank you all so much for some great postcards.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart View Post
    Four more this week. Thanks so much to:

Mark Fisher for his scaaaary face from a country fair - very cool
    Donald Grindstaff's cat palying with one of three bunnies
    Randy Libersky's interesting image of a very good looking woman reviewing engineering plans
    Gord Robinson (? can't read the writing) sent a decent postcard from Japan

Regards, Art.
    Sorry Art - Gord Robinson did not send the postcard from Japan - mine are in the process of being printed.

Regards
    Gord

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gordrob View Post
    Sorry Art - Gord Robinson did not send the postcard from Japan - mine are in the process of being printed.
    Thanks Gord for clarifying. I'm looking forward to your postcard.

To whomever sent me the postcard from Japan - thank you! I looked at my list I was given and I don't have anyone from Japan. A secret santa?

Randy, I counted 42 people on the list I was given, but the total number of participants is 52, am I missing 10 people? Or is the max set at 42 postcards? Just curious. I made 55 postcards for this round assuming I had to send out the max plus one to Sean.

BTW Sean's address can be found here: http://www.apug.org/forums/donate.php

Regards, Art.
    Last edited by gr82bart; 04-29-2007 at 04:54 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    For this round I went back to the original concept of sending only to the people that sent to you (or vice versa) so that no one felt that they had to send 52 cards and only get 35 or what ever in return.

Also, I have no idea who sent the card from Japan - I just checked my list (twice :P) and didn't find any addresses in Japan, BUT that doesn't meant that it couldn't have been sent by someone traveling or working out of town...

- Randy

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by reellis67 View Post
    Also, I have no idea who sent the card from Japan - I just checked my list (twice :P) and didn't find any addresses in Japan, BUT that doesn't meant that it couldn't have been sent by someone traveling or working out of town...

- Randy
    I too got the same card, very nice too -- so thank you to the mystery person.

It can't have been the last round as I skipped that one.

I've just looked back through my records from previous rounds and it looks like it could have been meltronic or coriana6jp. Looking at the signature on the card, I'd say it was coriana6jp. Not sure what round it was from though!

Cheers

Mike

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin