Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,060   Posts: 1,561,609   Online: 825

Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12161718192021222324252627 LastLast
    I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Think most of mine are in now......
    Cyanotype by Salmonoid-another good'un. The process you've used really adds to the feeling of age-this could have been taken 100 or more years ago.

The Long Mynd by Mike G-lovely subtle interplay of light and shade and the patterns lead the eye into the frame towards the sweeping view in the distance.

Nature's Face by Randy-reminds me of Keat's 'ode on a Grecian urn'-like something from another time.

Belchite by PepMiro-a poignant reminder of Europe's troubled recent history.

Portrait by Ribersky-like a 30s/40s film still. You can almost hear the jazz playing moodily in the background.

Lolka Bolka by Jeffeb-the more you practice the more luck you get.

Chicago by Scott H-feels at once contemporary and old

First Snow by Lynda-well worth getting cold for. Snow scenes are tough to do but this is vg-you could try going a bit lighter and upping the contrast to see what happens maybe?

I90 Floating Bridge by Brian Chambers-beautifully serene dialogue of light, shade and form.

Tree Skeleton by Matt Corringe-Starkly minimal clear winter light. Winter can be such a great time for photography.

The Avenger by bmaccarthy007-the angle emphasises the heroic pose of the statue.

Thanks!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear All,

Just a quick note to say how absolutely delighted I was to be included in the postcard exchange, just to let you know I had already posted on the B&W thread my thanks to individuals whose postcards had arrived before I left on a trip to the Far East : Since my return, lots more, and some fantastic images, they will all be going up on our notice board behind reception so all our staff can have the opportunity to look at them : So to Randall, Robert Young, A Birngle, Jim Bradley, matt King, Tom Kershaw, Art, Allen Friday, unreadable but an image of the Cannon River, Randy Libersky,Tim Gray, Don ( Louisiana, Scottt Hamming,Brian Jeffery, Jacco de Kraker, Brian McCarthy,and finally Ian ( Isle Of Portland ) many, many thanks :

I have to say my two favourites from the above are Brian Jeffrey's image from Budapest and Tim Gray's Ocean City image.

Kindest Regards

Simon ILFORD photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I'm already looking forward to the next round too! This really has been a blast. I wish I could send out lith prints, fiber prints, cyanotypes, etc., but the old makeshift darkroom barely supports RC at this point in time...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Birger, thank you for the card, which arrived today. 7 days to cross Oslo and with a paper barcode strip stuck to the front :rolleyes: , but perhaps 17th May is a good excuse! Anyway, it is a beautiful image and I will take your advice to visit the Lofoten Islands.

Randy Ellis, something about nature reclaiming its own from man? Another nicely toned print too.

cheers
    Pete

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattg View Post
    Thanks to everyone who sent me a postcard,
    this has been a very worthwhile community event and I'm already thinking about which negative to print for the next one. I was especially impressed to get a cyanotype and a lovely lith print.

Mmccarthy007-great printing and an interesting composition
    Josep - a sad reminder of fascism on the continent, is Belchite part of Andorra or Spain?
    Art- what an effort! Very dreamlike.
    Black Dog - looks like a tranquil spot.
    PeteH - the fragility of the leaf and delicacy of tones is great.
    Javi - what was the hole made by? woodpecker?
    Mick - There was a cylone in Melbourne in 1918, I didn't think they had global warming back then How did you get so much warmth in the print?
    Robert Young - I really like this image and the print. We've got one of these near my dad's house but it's on a white base so it looks just like a golf ball on a tee.
    Mark Fisher - Really impressive print with impact.
    Mikeg - Looks like a great location for slope soaring and a beautiful day to be there.
    Tom Kershaw - other worldly.
    Matti - I love the delicacy of the sky above the horizon and the strength of the house. Lithotastic.
    Randy - A beautiful woman, great skin tones and lighting, especially her face.
    Jeffb - the last time I saw one of these was in Vietnam, there's something comical about them, I only wish my family had one.
    Daniel - what a stout boat.
    Kraker - one of the best IR shots I've seen. Love the white swan on the black black lake, very special.
    Ian (stan160) - treacherous waters indeed. Can you tellme when this lighthouse was built?

Matt.

Belchite is in Spain, in the province of Zaragoza. In 1937, the city was massively bombed during long hours until all houses were destroyed and nost of the unhabitants killed.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Hmm. I sent mine out earlier this month. Has anyone received them yet?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Justin

If it's a street scene from Singapore I got it a few days ago.

Regards

Birger A.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Justin,

Mine seem to be taking forever to show up as well. I sent most of them weeks ago and the first people are just now starting to post that they arrived.

- Randy

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Low View Post
    Hmm. I sent mine out earlier this month. Has anyone received them yet?
    I think I got your's a day or two ago. I'll check when I get home.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I received one from Singapore. I building reflected in a building. There is basically no information on the card except the postmark.
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. In velit arcu, consequat at, interdum sit amet, consequat in, quam.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin