Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,669   Posts: 1,481,762   Online: 970

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111216 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    I received 5 cards over last week and have start making mine. The first lot will probably go out this weekend.

This is my first time participating and I never expected that it would be this fun - to receive postcards in the mailbox (in this time and age.)

Thanks for the cards.

Samad
    Last edited by Samad Asad; 04-18-2007 at 11:06 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well I finally received my first cards today. Who's Rüdiger, who's Ingo x 2. Great cards, great imagination.

Kate, I think you have it back to front, as to who is whom!

Greg, you are correct, the orange filter with this film and that angle of light, did do the trick. That was the third time I have shot that house with this camera, film and filter. I was happy with the end result.

I will say, if you think the postcard print is quite good, then a carefully printed 12x16" print is stunning, according to my friends who have seen this now mounted and matted print. The really interesting thing about this picture is that it was taken with a very worn Calumet 4x5" early sixties camera and it's original 215mm lens. Took me a while to figure out how to get the best out of it, I only bought the camera last October/November.

You may also think of using a yellow/green filter for some applications.The yellow/green filter works exceptionally well with Fuji Neopan 400 in 35mm size. It doesn't work as well with Tmax100 sheet film, although it does work.

The third card I received was stamped all over with Postage Due in red ink. I get the feeling the postage stamp wasn't expensive enough. Anyway it's a picture of a Moose eating a tree branch behind a snow drift, very interesting, especially as we don't have Moose or anything like it in this country.

Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Two riddles arrived today:

Jake (Black Dog) sent a nicely printed and toned picture of some reflections in a building, titled "The Lone and Level Sands 1, Utah Beach". It's a good abstract, and I'm puzzled by the connection to the title ... Well, I'll mull it over.

Then there's Greg's (Buster 6x6) "My brother and me" Again, beautifully printed. Identical twins wearing identical clothes? Or a double exposure? Another puzzle.

Thank you both. This is shaping up to be another great round.

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Pete-It's a quote from PB Shelley's poem'Ozymandias', about the remnants of a tyrant's works (Hitler's thousand year Reich in this case). The reflections are of the US 4th infantry division memorial and seating for the 60th anniversary D day celebrations which were due to be held the day after I took this picture.
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

catching up... printed my cards today.

I've received quite some cards already, time to catch up and give some comments. First to arrive were the cards of Ruediger and Ingo, and then Ingo and Ruediger again. Together, you came up with a brilliant idea!

Then there's cards from Mick Fagan: nice details, Michael Newman: great structures, although it's a bit of a puzzle what it is , Mark_S: why don't I ever encounter such buildings?, BlackDog: subtle tones indeed, KingJon: you caught the action, PeteH: you are tempting me to move into 4x5, what a nice contact print!

Last but not least, Buster6x6 and his.... hm... brother? I wonder... Very nice, and you gave me a last-minute idea before heading off to the darkroom to print my cards. I already had an idea which negative I was going to print, but I wasn't sure how to frame or crop it yet. After a few attempts I had another look at your card, Greg, and I made a decision.

So... My cards are all printed. Because I choose to do this 100% analogue (purist! ), it is going to take a few days to write them all, but I guess I will send them all between now and 1-2 weeks from now.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    One more card arrived today.Thanks for a very nice abstract and symmetrical image byMichael Newman.It would be nice to find out what camera did you use and what film and developer you have used for both film developing and paper?
    Thanks Kraker and Pete Hfor nice comment on my contribution.
    Greg
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm new at this so I promise to be more informative next time around. That's a 90mm Super Angulon on a Zone VI 4x5, using FP4+ and 510-Pyro 1:500 for 50 minutes with 30 seconds initial agitation and four inversions at 12.5, 25 and 37.5 minutes. The paper developer is Zone VI, 1:3 for 2 minutes. The print was made with split grade filtration.
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. In velit arcu, consequat at, interdum sit amet, consequat in, quam.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

An important note for those who have not yet sent their cards

I have a correction for the mailing address of Gordon Robinson. Since I don't know who has already mailed a card to Gordon and who has not, please PM or email me if he is on your list and I will give you his proper mailing address.

thanks!

- Randy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by reellis67 View Post
    I have a correction for the mailing address of Gordon Robinson. Since I don't know who has already mailed a card to Gordon and who has not, please PM or email me if he is on your list and I will give you his proper mailing address.

thanks!

- Randy
    Has Gordon received those which have been sent already? I sent one, but could send another if it was lost.

cheers
    Pete

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I'm not certain which cards he has gotten, but I will ask. I *think* I can put the correction here since it will not reveal his entire address - only the street number is incorrect. It *should* read 6123 rather than 123. The street name and the rest of the address are correct.

- Randy

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin