Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,963   Posts: 1,558,372   Online: 797

Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141519 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Received a beautiful "The Heretic" from Pete H and a very enigmatic and abstract print from Black Dog.

I printed my cards on Sunday, toned them last night, and addressed tonight. They will go out tomorrow. With efficiency like this, it is a good thing I don't make my living this way.

This is my first print exchange. I am loving seeing the treasures in the mailbox. Having to send out cards to this group was enough motivation for me to try a couple of new things (or new to me). I used Berg Brown/Copper tone for the first time to try to liven up my prints to APUG standards. I bored my wife with 'this or this' last night as I played with different toning times, trying to get it just right. In other words, I have loved the challenge. I cannot wait for round 11.

-Rob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I received an abstract cyanotype from Art in the post yesterday. I'll have to try cyanotypes out at some point. I plan to print my cards in the next couple of days.

Tom.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got Art's cyanotype yesterday too. It really stands out on the bulleting board with the rest that have arrived. It may inspire me to try the process too.
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. In velit arcu, consequat at, interdum sit amet, consequat in, quam.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Running a bit behind

I got the prints made finally, now I just need to make the labels and send them off. I have a show this weekend, so it'll have to happen afterwards. I should be able to get them in the mail early next week.

I'm really enjoying everyones postcards.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

What!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by reellis67 View Post
    Hey all!

I just got another nice pile of postcards in the mail today - thanks to everyone who has sent theirs so far! There have been a lot of great cards again this round. I also wanted to say that I got a note from someone about Jake's (Black Dog) mailing address being incorrect. His country of residence should read Scotland, so if you have an address that is another country, please let me know.

Thanks!

- Randy
    I've got Jake's (Black Dog's) mailing address as being Normandy, France not Scotland. His address is the same as Round#9 which is still Normandy, France. I've got no one on my list from Scotland. I might not have a full list, either. Have you figured this one out yet?
    Kate

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BWKate View Post
    I've got Jake's (Black Dog's) mailing address as being Normandy, France not Scotland. His address is the same as Round#9 which is still Normandy, France. I've got no one on my list from Scotland. I might not have a full list, either. Have you figured this one out yet?
    Kate
    Yes, all we had was the address in France and the rest of the address does also look more like an address in France and not in Scotland. Jake?

ciao
    -- Ruediger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mine are now in the hands of the post office - Canadian and international destinations mailed two days ago and the USA cards mailed yesterday.

I've titled them "Can You Guess?". I figure that the nature of what is in the photo will either be obvious to everyone, or unclear to everyone. It will be interesting to see which.

Sadly, there is no prize (other than satisfaction) for being the first to guess correctly.

Matt

PS I've received several wonderful cards so far - I'll post my comments soon.

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    FYI the address in France will still work (it's my parents' address) though I am currently working in Scotland. PM'd Randy with the new address a couple of weeks or so ago . Thanks again for all the fantastic cards I've recieved so far.
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Jake sent me his updated address, and I show it in my final list, but for whatever reason, it was not included in what got sent out. I won't post it openly in the forum, but anyone who has yet to mail their cards to Jake (Black Dog) can PM or email me and I will give you his current address.

- Randy

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by reellis67 View Post
    Jake sent me his updated address, and I show it in my final list, but for whatever reason, it was not included in what got sent out. I won't post it openly in the forum, but anyone who has yet to mail their cards to Jake (Black Dog) can PM or email me and I will give you his current address.

- Randy
    Ha, this was probably my fault. I got the updated list from Randy and only had a look at the end to find out what was new. Sorry, next time we will handle this a bit different. E.g. send out an spreadsheet with all addresses and for each participant a list with names where cards have to be sent to. Having the addresses in a spreadsheet might be easier for those people who print labels.

ciao
    -- Ruediger

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin