Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,832   Posts: 1,582,367   Online: 860

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

What to do with all the postcards?

I bowed out #10 this time. Kinda busy.

Over the years, I've accumulated lots of postcards. Over the years, I've had this as well. It fills up, take everything away, repeat process. I've had a 3'x6' table and now, I just have this little one. Anyway, here's what I've done with mine. It'll fill up soon with family pictures, baseball tix stubs, postcards.....

When people come for dinner, its a great conversation piece. Especially with the big table cause people move around and look at everything.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails postcards.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Eric,

If you look in a couple previous postcard exchange threads there have been some interesting ways some people have displayed them. I keep each round in a separate empty Ilford print box labelled with that round# and then bring them to parties, gatherings, darkroom meetings, and work to share them with everyone I know.

Your attached photo is great! I found my Rhino postcard in it, cool. Where did you get the zebras from?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Zebras

BWkate, the Zebras are my round 9 card I can send you one, I had 15-20 returned by USPS stuck together and could not read the names when peeled apart. I asked anyone who did not receive a card to let me know. So I now know you didn't I will drop it in the mail tomorrow. I am sorry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don,

That would be great!!! Thanks. I love black and white animal photos. I took the gorilla photo that's on the new Ilford 8X10-100 sheets box Pearl MG RC paper. I'm sorry I don't remember the posting about if you didn't get one to let you know. Appreciate it very much.

Kate Seymour
    BWKate

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I've wanted to get a postcard stand from a store closing, but I never seem to get there in time. I though it would cool to have it next to my camera display in the living room. The only time we're in that room is when someone is over, so it would be a cool talking point I think...

- R

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by reellis67 View Post
    I've wanted to get a postcard stand from a store closing, but I never seem to get there in time. I though it would cool to have it next to my camera display in the living room. The only time we're in that room is when someone is over, so it would be a cool talking point I think...

- R
    There is a guy here in town (Lawrence, KS) that is running a small print shop (high end, offset printing and custom work). He also has a few styles of small postcard and greeting card display stands for sale.

I won't post his phone number here, but you can get it from this listing:
    http://www2.ljworld.com/marketplace/...amppost-press/

Not sure of cost or if they are off-the-shelf stock or custom. But might be worh a quick call.
    Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things! http://rwyoung.wordpress.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thanks! I've seen these new, but the cost is a bit high. I'll give him a call when I can and see what he is asking. Thanks for the tip!

- Randy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I find a ring folder to be the best as a coffee table book. So far I have three exchanges in this one and probably be able to add couple more. I really like being able to look both sides of the post card by turning the page.

Cheers Greg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Picture 022.jpg  
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin