Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,840   Posts: 1,582,549   Online: 1020

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 378910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ingo,

I was thinking the same thing - I've never had any trouble receiving your cards before. Hopefully it is just delayed in transit somewhere and not lost for good.

Brian

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hi everyone

I have been recieving some fantastic cards! they are all up on a noticeboard in my hall which is now full:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/style_a...er/1116731780/

Thankyou to everyone!
    The last of my cards went out a couple of weeks ago, I hope they are arriving safley (uk strikes permitting!)

take care
    pete

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Pete,

Your beautiful impressionist shot of Princess Street did indeed arrive- and in great shape. Thanks to you and to all participants. I've thoroughly enjoyed the exchange and look forward to the next one.

Doug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ingobohn View Post
    Strange... Where is my postcard?
    Ingo -

Yours made it to me in Lawrence, KS but then I'm slightly closer to you by about 45 miles. So perhaps Michael just needs to go search the ground between Lawrence and Topeka...
    Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things! http://rwyoung.wordpress.com

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pedropolis View Post
    ... I have been recieving some fantastic cards! they are all up on a noticeboard in my hall which is now full:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/style_a...er/1116731780/
    Hey, this is done well, yoou can even find out who sent which card. Funny.

ciao
    -- Ruediger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This week I received two more cards.
    First Mark Fisher County fair series, unique view of a horse's face with a beautiful reflection in his eye. Well done Mark.
    RWYoung Capitol building . Dome is a bit overexposed but nice tonal values. Good shadow detail.
    Thanks guy's

Cheers Greg
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    4 more this week:
    1. A bromide egg from bdial.
    2. Michael's image of a receding wave is really nice. I like this image a lot.
    3. A very kewl closeup of a horses eye is fantastic from Mark.
    4. RWYoung sent a nice image of Madison capitol building.

Thanks everyone. Keep'em coming. Makes the walk to the mailbox so worthwhile.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Just came home from 2 months of travelling to find 22 cards waiting for me! Thanks everyone. Mine will be on their way this week!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Two more cards came in today.
    Nanette "Abandoned" I am really impressed with the contrast A1 lens is showing. Really nice piece of work. Very nice combination of film and developer.
    jstraw Very nice minimalist approach with two little foot prints in the sand. I like it. The only thing post office wheel made almost a hole on the right hand side of the image.

Thanks Greg
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    More cards trickling in:

Portrait of a Horse by Mark-love the careful observation of subtle details in this series;this is probably the best yet with its narrow focus concentrating attention on the reflection in the eye.

Capitol Building by RW Young-has a 19th century feel about it, though the top of the dome possibly needs a little more burning in.

Old Thamesford Mill by Mike Wilde-as does this;it could have come from a forgotten box of pictures newly unearthed from an attic.

Asbury Park NJ by Tim Gray-this reminds me of 'Nebraska' (Bruce Springsteen's bleakly minimal accoustic offering, that is). Has a really folorn feeling to it.

Bent Wing Bird by Buster 6x6 (Greg)-the pattern of lines, forms and shadows really directs the viewer into the image.

Seattle at Night by Brian Chambers-reminds me of old police flicks where the hero is looking out over the city at night, wondering about the case from 10 years ago that he just can't solve/his breakup with his girlfriend etc (or maybe mid-late 70s Tom Waits ).

Big Bottles by Eric Gould-really quirky observation of everyday details and how surreal they can be, especially with the tilt across the middle of the image (as if you were viewing it while drunk).

Mannheim Memorial by Rudiger-a profoundly moving image with its ghostly background details.

Thanks!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin