Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,509   Posts: 1,543,567   Online: 1070

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10141516171819202122 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart View Post
    I'm not sure either when the next round is starting up, but I don't think this round is over yet. I'm still waiting for about 12 postcards (out of 44 sent). Not that I'm counting .

This round started before the previous round ended as well, and I know I was short changed in that round too.

I suggest we wait until all (99% ?) of the postacrds are sent out.

Regards, Art.
    OK, thanks for the status update; just checking. I'll keep an eye out, then.

Well, then I'll first focus on something else... there's the Polaroid exchange to start working on .

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Well, I have not heard back from Randy yet about round 12. The plan was to have the sign up phase now and to print and send in November. That will give those who have not sent their cards yet another month. I propose to wait another few days and if I do not hear back from Randy I will jump in for this round and start the sign-up thread. Would this be OK?

ciao
    -- Ruediger

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    The schedule sounds good to me. Those that have time crunches elswhere in their lives have let us know that their cards will be coming. As for the others, we can't hold up our fun waiting for them to honor their commitments.
    Best regards,
    James

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ruediger, I would suggest the same as James, we cannot wait for those who are unable to finish.

Whether or not there are holidays really doesn't gel with me, I cannot fathom how a 3 month period could stop one from finishing.

There are times when it is hard to fulfill your commitments, that is just the way it is.

I think it would be quite alright to start on another round, even if you cannot get confirmation from Randy. I'm sure he would understand.

Mick.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

new round

whomever is going to run the next round please include me...my cards are ready to go. I did receive a whole bunch of cards but who's counting!!
    Best, Peter

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I'm definitely in for the next round, getting slightly worried about the 'people not fulfilling their comittments' bit though.

I agreed to send 20 cards last time; I actually sent 21 (the extra one went to Tomas IIRC.)

BUT, I know for a fact I've received far more than 20 back, and it worries me that someone out there is expecting a card from me which, to be blunt, they ain't going to get.

Have some people got carried away and sent to every single name on the list-of-everyone they were sent, even though they were actually in a smaller group? As I recall, we got given two lists - one of everybody, and a second subset of just the names you should be posting to (and those are therefore the only people you should be expecting a card from.)
    Another day goes under; a little bourbon will take the strain...

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tim_walls View Post
    Have some people got carried away and sent to every single name on the list-of-everyone they were sent, even though they were actually in a smaller group? As I recall, we got given two lists - one of everybody, and a second subset of just the names you should be posting to (and those are therefore the only people you should be expecting a card from.)
    Ingo and I intentionally sent to all participants because the title for our cards spanned both cards and we had a different set on our list. But I think you are right, people mixed up the list in the email text with the full list of participants in the attached Excel file. So for the next round I have three options, one is to provide no Excel file at all, or I have to assemble special Excel files for every participant or to continue with the confusion.

ciao
    -- Ruediger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think the folks that signed up for smaller quantities definitely got the better end of the deal than those of us that agreed to send out the max. Kind of like a welfare state - the rich making up for the poor, that sort of thing. :o

Regardless, whenever the next round starts, I'm in again. For the max too - I have a flawed naive faith in us humans following through.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

POSTCARDS

Art-did you realize all your cards ended up in my mailbox!! I secretly paid off the mailman!!
    Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Schrager View Post
    Art-did you realize all your cards ended up in my mailbox!! I secretly paid off the mailman!!
    So you're the culprit! Pass them the neighbours down the street, you dog!

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin