Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,664   Posts: 1,481,682   Online: 753

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    With that, I just checked on Ebay and found one. I've never seen a 4x6 easel on ebay before after months of checking. Hope it actually is a 4x6...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Gray View Post
    Anybody have a good method for printing these yet? I made a cutout for my 5x7 speed easel, but it's still a pain in the butt. I've yet to acquire a real easel, so that's out.

I wish someone made a 4x6 speed easel. Simon?
    Depends if you want a border or not. Most adjustable easels will work fine and if you do not want borders, tape two pieces of card at the top and left hand borders on the baseboard to position the paper. RC paper usually lays flat enough to just sit there while you expose.

Bob.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't use the postcard paper. I put two of them on an 8x10 sheet, and print labels for the back.

You could use an 8x10 Speed Easel, with a homemade mask.

Matt

Anybody have a good method for printing these yet? I made a cutout for my 5x7 speed easel, but it's still a pain in the butt. I've yet to acquire a real easel, so that's out.

I wish someone made a 4x6 speed easel. Simon?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Good suggestions. I love speed easels though. And I like the border.

For now, since I'm lacking space (and money) to do a darkroom right, I'm missing crucial things like paper cutters, real easels, the ability to comfortable process FB, etc. And I like to support Ilford and their postcard stock - it really does make it easy and enjoyable, though the speed easel should make it even better.

Another question for those who've been doing this a lot longer than I. For these exchanges, I've definitely come to see the light and just print out labels, but for more personal cards, what do you guys use to write on the back of the Ilford stock? Sharpie works, but bleeds a little bit. I haven't had much luck with anything else...

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Another question for those who've been doing this a lot longer than I. For these exchanges, I've definitely come to see the light and just print out labels, but for more personal cards, what do you guys use to write on the back of the Ilford stock? Sharpie works, but bleeds a little bit. I haven't had much luck with anything else...
    Not that I do these postcard exchanges for a very long time (this will be my no 5) ... I have big labels (Din A4) which I print two postcard labels on and then cut it. For more personal cards, I only print some address lines or what ever and write on the label paper. The label fitting the whole back of the card makes the Ilford Portfolio paper even more stable. I thought about FB this round but I first want to use the rest of my postcard paper. So I will print tonight and then sign up for the number of cards I could print with my stock

ciao
    -- Ruediger

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    OK, here is the last update before November 1st. Please have a look at the list, check if your APUG name is on the list and check if it is spelled correctly - if not (errare humanum est), let me know by PM.

The deadline is November 1st. Then I will post the final list and by the end of the week I will send out the address data to each participant via PM. Participants who have not sent address data by then will not be in this exchange. It is just that simple. However, all participants listed below have already sent the address data.

I am looking forward to this round and here are the brave 44:

AdamKap
    Allen Friday
    bdial
    BirgerA
    Black Dog
    blackmelas
    Bob F.
    Buster6X6
    BWKate
    diana
    Don Grindstaff
    Doug Smith
    drpsilver
    eric
    erikg
    FM2N
    GeoffHill
    gmessarit
    gordrob
    gphoto120
    gr82bart
    hal9000
    Jon King
    KingJon
    kraker
    KWhitmore
    Lynda
    Mark Fisher
    Mark Mombarg
    Matthijs
    MattKing
    Mick Fagan
    Mike Wilde
    Nicholas Lindan
    PepMiro
    Pete H
    Peter Schrager
    randyman
    rst
    rwyoung
    stan160
    Tim Gray
    tim_walls
    Valerie

ciao
    -- Ruediger

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Nearly forgot to sign up!

I'm in for 35. Same address as usual please Ruediger.

Cheers

Mike

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeg View Post
    Nearly forgot to sign up!

I'm in for 35. Same address as usual please Ruediger.
    Phew, just in time Mike. I was already wondering why you want to miss this round? Same address. 35 cardes. Noted.

ciao
    -- Ruediger

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images

The final list of participants

Hi all,

so here is the final list of participants for this round. After Mike jumped in we are 45 people and if everyone will send the cards, 1438 cards will be exchanged.

I will send out PMs with the individual lists later this week just just to give everyone a chance to find out that I missed someone, or a PM did not reach me or a sign up did not make it into this thread at all

I am looking forward to this round, my cards are already printed, all I have to wait for is, who my little program thought I should send my cards to.

The list:

AdamKap
    Allen Friday
    bdial
    BirgerA
    Black Dog
    blackmelas
    Bob F.
    Buster6X6
    BWKate
    dianna
    Don Grindstaff
    Doug Smith
    drpsilver
    eric
    erikg
    FM2N
    GeoffHill
    gmessarit
    gordrob
    gphoto120
    gr82bart
    hal9000
    Jon King
    KingJon
    kraker
    KWhitmore
    Lynda
    Mark Fisher
    Mark Mombarg
    Matthijs
    MattKing
    Mick Fagan
    Mike Wilde
    mikeg
    Nicholas Lindan
    PepMiro
    Pete H
    Peter Schrager
    randyman
    rst
    rwyoung
    stan160
    Tim Gray
    tim_walls
    Valerie

ciao
    -- Ruediger

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Ruediger,

I know I said a maximum of 40 (well, I think I did anyway,) but for the sake of 5 cards it seems daft not to just send to everyone - so if it doesn't really confuse things for you, you can put me down for the whole 45. If it does really confuse things, just ignore this comment
    Another day goes under; a little bourbon will take the strain...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin