Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,772   Posts: 1,516,566   Online: 926

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Hi Tim,

no problem. I do not even have to run the program again.

I am going to describe this again because I am sure that somebody is going to ask why the address list is 37 addresses even if signed up for the maximum. Whoever is not interested in this theoretical discourse, please skip the rest of this message, it will be kind of boring.

The model is that everyone should receive as many cards as being sent out. Would everyone have signed up for the maximum, that would have been easy since then everyone would have to send a card to all others. Now that there are many participants who have not signed up for the maximum those who signed up for the maximum will not be sending the theoretical maximum. Simple example, 10 participants, 9 want to send the maximum (which is 9), but one signed up for only one card. This ends in 1 participant receiving/sending one card, 8 participants receiving/sending 8 cards and one participant receiving/sending 9 cards. So for this round the maximum is 36 or 37 cards for those willing to send 37 or more cards (even if we are 45 participants).

You see in this case, there is no difference if you sign up for 40 or 45 but I note 45 for you

All in all, if everyone would have signed up for the maximum, 1980 cards would be send around. For this round it will be "only" 1438 cards, a number which I report here because I still find it an impressive number.

ciao
    -- Ruediger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fantastic, I now know that I will print 40 cards this weekend!

Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    02 Nov 2007

Ruediger:

Thanks for the explanation of how you select "the list" of recipients for cards. Mine are printed and waiting for addresses.

Regards,
    Darwin

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by drpsilver View Post
    Mine are printed and waiting for addresses.
    Hey Darwin, I gave one late-comer a chance to join in before tomorrow noon my time. That is the time I will send out the address lists. I hope you printed patient cards

ciao
    -- Ruediger

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Ruediger - thanks for the explanation
    Another day goes under; a little bourbon will take the strain...

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Let the mayhem begin!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    20 down and 20 more to go...

Actually, a couple extras too since I have a few people that always receive my cards too.

Everyone, don't forget the extra 2 for Simon and Sean. I wish we had a Kodak contact too, so I could send them a card as well.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Could someone PM me Sean and Simon's addresses?

Thanks,
    Adam

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    So, I am going to send out the lists to each participant now. Since the software does not allow me to send more than one PM per 25 seconds, this is going to take some while. But anyway, you should receive your address list within the next hour or so. I also included your own address on your list - it is the first one please check if this is the correct address, since this is where people in your group are going to send their cards to. If something is wrong with your address, please let me know soon, so that I can send out corrections.

Thanks to everyone who participated, thanks for your patience. I hope this will be a good round again. My family and I are looking forward to all the cards arriving at our door.

ciao
    -- Ruediger

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    OK, everyone should have the address data. Thanks again to everyone who participates to this round.

I resign from the role of organizer for this round and now feel like a normal participant. But I will be back for round 13 which I am going to start January 1st 2008. So my proposal for the next rounds is:

Round 13
    January 2008: Sign up
    February 2008: Print, send and receive
    March 2008: Breather

Round 14
    April 2008: Sign up
    May 2008: Print, send and receive
    June 2008: Breather

I should update the schedules thread ...

Have fun and ciao
    -- Ruediger

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin