Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,755   Posts: 1,515,978   Online: 882

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 26789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Finally got all 25 cards printed and posted. Learned a lot this time around, moving to Guam created a whole different set of challenges. Hope everyone enjoys the picture. Will get caught up over the weekend on the cards I've received.
    Jon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This week I've received two cards:
    Tim Walls' light bulb in a pub
    Jacco de Kraker's abstract ceiling lighting.
    They're both very interesting, and share with Birger's Reichstag mirrors the fact that the subject is the source of the light and the abstract patterns made by it, rather than something else illuminated by the light. I like this kind of image. Thanks Tim and Jacco.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Received Donald's lion today. I love the light on the lion's face.
    Birger A's Reichstag building's mirrors is interesting, the reflection of the man reminds me of a zoetrope.
    I can't read the name on this one, but it is from Andorra, lovely blue tone, is that a cliff on the right side? sadly, i got the white strip of paper on the bottom of the card.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Today I received Geoff Hill's amazingly tangled wire rope from the Tyne. When coming over from Bergen to Newcastle by ferry this summer, I was struck by the number of photo possibilities along the river bank. Have you got any more, Geoff? It would be good to see some posted in the gallery.

cheers
    Pete

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ... and Gary's (gphoto120) drainage patterns in a Californian beach. Looks like you got wet feet just after taking the shot. Thanks for the card and the comments, Gary!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Received Donald's lion today. The lion is very well isolated from the surroundings and the simplicity of the composition gives it considerable intensity. I guess it wasn't taken with a wide angle lens Nice shot.

Pete

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Two more cards arrived today.kraker send a ceiling in the mall which has a very good tonality and how a light and shadow play all the way down is wonderful. Geoff Very interesting short DOF shot of a steel rope?I like that the image was made without border so the rope disappears out of the frame.

Greg
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

cards

just wanted to tell everyone how much I enjoyed all the cards I have recieved
    this exchange is the best....
    Best, Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I believe the blue toned postcards of the hillside village is from PepMiro from Andorra. Correct me if I'm wrong! I also received both Kraker's and Donald Grindstaff's postcards today. Both had a wonderful quality to them in where the light was coming from and reflecting onto. Lovely cards! Both so different. Very well done. Thanks! I also really liked Birger's postcard of the mirrored vortex in the Reichstag. Great subject and well done!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Better late than never, my prints went out last night.
    Best regards,
    James

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin